AntiVirus 2010

ezkim0x

Nov 25, 2004
My mom has had this virus on her computer about 3 times now.. all she does on her computer is mail, facebook, and play games.. I'm guessing she's getting it from a popup on some game site.

I saw a popup one time on her computer that she showed me.. and it was acting like it was already downloaded on her computer and detecting a virus.. so she clicks it and it installs the program and it gets infested in her computer and starts popping up all these warnings and closes out any program she opens.. my computer and task manager included.. I had to reboot open up task manager right when windows loads and end the processes before they started doing their work.. i could have also opened safe mode.. but anyway.. I did this downloaded a malware program and removed it.. but she STILL ends up getting it again.. and swears that she didn't download the program again after I told her about the popup and not to install anything.. just to x it out.

yesterday I opened my laptop up and this program was on my computer too.. I know for a fact that I didn't install it.. do you have any idea how this keeps appearing on our computers?

I use symantec antivirus and it's up to date.. but it didn't even detect this program.. so I downloaded malware bytes to remove it.. does anyone know if the free version of AVAST detects this 'antivirus 2010' program? .. or could you suggest a different antivirus program? ..have any ideas how it ended up on my computer, as i know for a fact I didn't install anything? ..it didn't show in my program files or in the add/remove programs either.. when I checked.

ezkim0x

Nov 25, 2004
thanks for sandboxie info..

anybody know about avast or another virus program though?

MedicBob

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2001
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Plus google around. That is primarily Adware trying to get you to purchase their "services."

Can be pretty nasty, but can be removed. Also read mechBgon's stickied thread at the top of the Security forum.

ezkim0x

Nov 25, 2004
that's what I used to get rid of the antivirus 2010 program actually.. "malwarebytes anti-malware" ..but it's not a realtime program that could prevent it.. just helps you get rid of it after the fact.

i'll check out the other threads.. the only reason I posted on this forum instead of checking google is because I trust peoples opinions on this site a lot more. i've been using this forum since 2004 and can't say one bad thing about the community here.