Anti Vaxxers Baw HaHaHa!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If they aren't either of those two they are certainly better at ignoring facts and just going with what a convincing guy in a robe tells them.
The word 'religious' is being used too broadly here. Most religious people accept medical science and vaccinate their children. Those that don't are a minority, albeit a very vocal one.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Your whole viewpoint is predicated on the belief that the religious are somehow less intelligent or less educated. I can assure you you're mistaken.

I can agree with that. I know religious people who know that God didn't want Trump to be President & who know that religion does not negate science.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The word 'religious' is being used too broadly here. Most religious people accept medical science and vaccinate their children. Those that don't are a minority, albeit a very vocal one.
The whole premise of religion is believing what a guy in a robe tells you because he's a guy in a robe over what facts and logic tell you.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The whole premise of religion is believing what a guy in a robe tells you because he's a guy in a robe over what facts and logic tell you.
So.. not much different than our courts of law?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If a kid can't take a peanut butter sandwich to school because of some kids allergy, then your damn little unvaccinated petri dish can go either.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
simple answer is to get your kids vaccinated.

I disagree.. Anti-vaxxers are an evolutionary cul-de-sac. Let their kids all die a slow painful death. Does anybody really want those bloodlines to continue?

Sometimes, you just have to step out of the way and let Darwin do his thing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I disagree.. Anti-vaxxers are an evolutionary cul-de-sac. Let their kids all die a slow painful death. Does anybody really want those bloodlines to continue?

Sometimes, you just have to step out of the way and let Darwin do his thing.

They're just regular people who don't have their heads screwed on straight over this one thing.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

A great many "religious" exemptions are used by people claiming to be religious to get out of them.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
It's not about the guy in the robe, it's about the message he preaches. Most of us put our faith in the message. We see the value in that message beyond the mere facts and logic not, that we dismiss them.