Anti-vaxxer claims Trump has asked him to chair commission on vaccine safety.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Make small pox great again! We've become weak as a society because diseases are not killing off the weak among us.
Small pox is girly man thinking. We're going to have bigly pox and they are going to be great and chickens are going to pay for them.

Reactions: kage69

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Who will educate me? Some biased doctor or some other group?

Where is this education that we getting coming from? What is the agenda behind it? What is the motivation?
Holy fuck. Feel free to educate yourself, the science has spoken. That is, if you can differentiate science from pseudoscience. I have my doubts.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Small pox is girly man thinking. We're going to have bigly pox and they are going to be great and chickens are going to pay for them.

Sorry I must be suffering from low-t. I will pm a couple of well known members here to get some roids.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Holy fuck. Feel free to educate yourself, the science has spoken. That is, if you can differentiate science from pseudoscience. I have my doubts.

Let's see... Trump hires a whatever... you and me? We'll stand with the science and do our jobs just like the rest of us. All Trump will do is marginalize himself more and make his office less relevant and listened to.

How any reasonably educated person can think vaccines are some conspiracy especially with VAERS in place is beyond me, but then there's a lot I can't follow and don't want to.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Very surprising. I remember watching an interview of him back in the Bush days and I thought he came across as intelligent, thoughtful and informed. Very concerned about mercury and lead in regards to conservation and public health, which I related to as I'm an angler and a diver.

He's anti-vax now? Damn. I'd be interested in hearing him attempt to explain the danger and how it outweighs:

Screen-Shot-2014-05-06-at-1.39.41-PM.png
c6fb5feb7f1ee71b7e725277d30999161.jpg

greatnoob

Jan 6, 2014
Diseases don't exist, miasma is what's really killing us. Have a bit of garlic and you'll be good. Also, burn those witches.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Very surprising. I remember watching an interview of him back in the Bush days and I thought he came across as intelligent, thoughtful and informed. Very concerned about mercury and lead in regards to conservation and public health, which I related to as I'm an angler and a diver.

He's anti-vax now? Damn. I'd be interested in hearing him attempt to explain the danger and how it outweighs:

Screen-Shot-2014-05-06-at-1.39.41-PM.png
c6fb5feb7f1ee71b7e725277d30999161.jpg
I don't think I've ever heard him say anything that didn't sound like extreme nuttery, and I share your interest in environmental mercury. One thing virtually all anti-vaxers have in common is a fear of mercury, which is actually in very small doses, used in few if any modern vaccines, and hardly figures in any widespread vaccination problems. Being anti-vaccine is like hiding under moving trains to avoid being struck by an asteroid.

Dec 10, 2005
https://www.decodedscience.org/ethyl-methyl-mercury-difference/25234

Mentioning fear about mercury in vaccines is nearly as ignorant as being scared of chlorine in table salt.

Hint: Ethylmercury is NOT elemental mercury any more than sodium chloride is chlorine.
An even bigger thing was ethylmercury (the byproduct of the preservative breaking down) was not methylmercury (the kind often contaminating fish like tuna). Just because chemicals might look the same doesn't mean they always behave the same. And secondly, these preservatives are in such low concentrations, their effects would be undetectable. It was just

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-robert-f-kennedy-jr-distorted-vaccine-science1/
I don't know how long he's been anti-vaccine, but one of the common tactics now is to question "safety". After all, who would be against safe vaccines? It makes them seem less nuts, but they're just gaslighting us and quietly pushing their insane, anti-vaccine agenda.