Anti-semitism on the rise..? Comments by liberal congress woman, calls for apology from fellow Democrats.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This is a very pernicious tactic used by people to delegitimize criticism of Israel. It’s shameful.

Is it okay to say you hate poor countries, but, not the people in them? Say someone calls a country a shit hole. Would that be the equivalent of calling the people shitty too, or, just a criticism of the country?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Have you not see the Dems doing the same? Why label this as a GOP thing when many from the D's are calling this anti-semitism?

Wow, Francis, Even after it's spelled out for ya you still don't get it.

i4wXDIt.jpg

Israel is a country. Judaism is a religion. Criticizing Israel is criticizing a country. Calling Nazis carrying torches while screaming "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" "Very fine people" is anti-semitism.

I know this is difficult to understand, but Israel is not a religion. Israel is not all Jews. Saying Israel is doing something wrong or bad is not an act of anti-semitism.

There, have I spelled it out better for you?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Is it okay to say you hate poor countries, but, not the people in them? Say someone calls a country a shit hole. Would that be the equivalent of calling the people shitty too, or, just a criticism of the country?

Is this a joke? When people criticize Israel they are nearly always criticizing its foreign policy or apartheid domestic policy.

Is your claim similarly that when people criticize America they are saying they hate all Americans living in it? Since they are overwhelmingly Christian is someone criticizing america an anti-Christian bigot?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Wow, Francis, Even after it's spelled out for ya you still don't get it.

i4wXDIt.jpg

Israel is a country. Judaism is a religion. Criticizing Israel is criticizing a country. Calling Nazis carrying torches while screaming "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US" "Very fine people" is anti-semitism.

I know this is difficult to understand, but Israel is not a religion. Israel is not all Jews. Saying Israel is doing something wrong or bad is not an act of anti-semitism.

There, have I spelled it out better for you?

So, I suppose you felt nothing wrong when Trump called other countries shit holes. My mistake.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So presumably this means when the US fights another country it is not doing so to fight the government to make it stop policies we dislike, it is out of an individual level hatred where our goal is to kill as many of the citizens as possible.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And why don't we talk about the Israeli's government policies? Why don't we talk about how, if you happened to have been unfortunate enough to have been born among the nearly 2 million people living in the 141 square miles that is the Gaza Strip, that the Israeli govt will never allow you leave there for your entire life?
Why is the Republican party trying to suppress free speech and make it illegal to talk about the Israeli's government's concentration camp?

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And why don't we talk about the Israeli's government policies? Why don't we talk about how, if you happened to have been unfortunate enough to have been born among the nearly 2 million living in the 141 square miles that is the Gaza Strip, that the Israeli govt will never allow you leave there for your entire life?
Why is the Republican party trying to suppress free speech and make it illegal to talk about the Israeli's government's concentration camp?

The fact that criticism of Israel’s Gaza policy is considered anti-Semitic is both deeply sad and deeply ironic.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
More Jews live in the US than in Israel. Your 'logic' here is no different than claiming someone is racist against blacks because they criticized the government of Liberia.

There is a best guess where the upper range of total US Jews is 6.8 million. Total in Israel is 6.5 million. The likely US population is less.

That said, Trump calling countries shit holes was labeled as racist. Was it not racist to call them shit holes?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
There is a best guess where the upper range of total US Jews is 6.8 million. Total in Israel is 6.5 million. The likely US population is less.

That said, Trump calling countries shit holes was labeled as racist. Was it not racist to call them shit holes?
Apparently, you don't know the history of Liberia and thus did not understand the reference.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The fact that criticism of Israel’s Gaza policy is considered anti-Semitic is both deeply sad and deeply ironic.

While Israel may not have hypnotized the whole world the Hasbara trolls have done a number on American headsets for a very long time. Imagine how we'd feel if they weren't Jewish, if the Horror of the Holocaust didn't cloud our judgement entirely.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
So, I suppose you felt nothing wrong when Trump called other countries shit holes. My mistake.

Dictionary result for non sequitur
non se·qui·tur
/ˌnän ˈsekwədər/
noun

1. a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
8bb9efb9713a33521a4156693fb75f94.jpg

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
JFC, are you intentionally tapping on for slow?

Name another national gov whose policies we are not allowed to criticize out of charges of religious and racial bigotry?

I seriously doubt that his receiver can be tuned to that wavelength. America has a massive self-inflicted guilt trip over the Holocaust easily exploited by the Israeli govt & their supporters.

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
I seriously doubt that his receiver can be tuned to that wavelength. America has a massive self-inflicted guilt trip over the Holocaust easily exploited by the Israeli govt & their supporters.
It's not even that. Realibrad will constantly enter a thread, latch onto some point that may or may not even be relevant to the topic and never let it go.