Anti-French Ivorian protest.... French police beat man, calling him a "dirty Arab"

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Phuz
Please shut up.

That's why I prefer to live here thank you, where one can be free to speak freely without attempting to be censored.

The first story clearly shows the stark difference between US policy and their forces being welcomed by Iraqi citizens and France's perspective on world policy and how well it is playing in the region. They can't even get ONE side to agree with them.

I have heard plenty of claims for concern for the Iraqi Arab population from france, the news there focuses most of the war attention to civilian casualties. I wouldn't suggest their motives were hypocritical, but when you see stuff like that second link, it makes you understand how @ 200 billion in promises will make you sell out 22,000,000 million more people you view that way...

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Please shut up.

That's why I prefer to live here thank you, where one can be free to speak freely without attempting to be censored.

The first story clearly shows the stark difference between US policy and their forces being welcomed by Iraqi citizens and France's perspective on world policy and how well it is playing in the region. They can't even get ONE side to agree with them.

I have heard plenty of claims for concern for the Iraqi Arab population from france, the news there focuses most of the war attention to civilian casualties. I wouldn't suggest their motives were hypocritical, but when you see stuff like that second link, it makes you understand how @ 200 billion in promises will make you sell out 22,000,000 million more people you view that way...

Why, you amoral American thug! How dare you criticize the good French government for playing both sides against each other. Just because everyone in the world hates them doesn't mean they are bad. The fact that they do everything based on monetary return shouldn't jade your perception of these good French forces who are only trying to line their pockets, I mean keep peace in one of their former colonies.

Damn, it just occurred to me that the U.S. has never had any colonies. I'm jealous of the French. At least they have "former" colonies that they can keep bleeding for their own good.

There I go again, jumping to conclusions.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
We really should have consulted them prior to permanent occupation, look at what a great job they did with Vietnam...

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
We really should have consulted them prior to permanent occupation, look at what a great job they did with Vietnam...

This is hilarious.. I don't even need to refute your statements.. you insult yourself juuuust fine.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001

To do justice to the French, they did warn us about becoming militarily involved in Viet Nam.

It was the moral bankruptcy of the administrations at the time, Kennedy and Johnson (particularly Johnson), that got us caught up in that mess.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

To do justice to the French, they did warn us about becoming militarily involved in Viet Nam.

It was the moral bankruptcy of the administrations at the time, Kennedy and Johnson (particularly Johnson), that got us caught up in that mess.

You sure it had nothing to do with tracts we signed at the end of WW2??? Some countires do keep their word...;) We should have booked when they did though.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

This is hilarious.. I don't even need to refute your statements.. you insult yourself juuuust fine.

How are you planning on refuting "my" statements, you want to refute the protest link, good luck. If you wish to refute the other one call amnesty international.

You do realize your government supports the US in this war?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
There are bad seeds in every race, religion, nation, and Political Administration.

?The Iraqis are sick people and we are the chemotherapy. I am starting to hate this country. Wait till I get hold of a fuckin? Iraqi. No, I won?t get hold of one. I?ll just kill him.?

? Corporal Ryan Dupre

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: dahunan
There are bad seeds in every race, religion, nation, and Political Administration.

?The Iraqis are sick people and we are the chemotherapy. I am starting to hate this country. Wait till I get hold of a fuckin? Iraqi. No, I won?t get hold of one. I?ll just kill him.?

? Corporal Ryan Dupre

One person's personal opinions are hardly equal to government decided policy issues, such as their attempts in the first link.

kleinesarschloch

Jan 18, 2003
those dirty french... we all know something like that could NEVER happen in the united states.
rolleye.gif

http://www.fantompowa.net/Flame/algeria_napoli_article.htm

here, now you have some more reasons to hate the french, not like you need any reasons.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
why would he say "dirty arab"? i thought the french loved the arabs?

those french police sound a lot like the NYPD.

i dont quite get the initial post, "french diplomacy at its finest?", are you saying that they should take a lesson from american diplomacy, and pick a side and wipe out the other side?

it sounds like france is just mediating the peace process, it's really difficult to say there is a "good side" or a "bad side", they just want the two sides to come to some kind of compromise, which is extremely difficult - just look at israel and palestine, esp. when both sides are extremely stubborn.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: drewshin
why would he say "dirty arab"? i thought the french loved the arabs?

those french police sound a lot like the NYPD.

i dont quite get the initial post, "french diplomacy at its finest?", are you saying that they should take a lesson from american diplomacy, and pick a side and wipe out the other side?

it sounds like france is just mediating the peace process, it's really difficult to say there is a "good side" or a "bad side", they just want the two sides to come to some kind of compromise, which is extremely difficult - just look at israel and palestine, esp. when both sides are extremely stubborn.

No from that first link you should get some type of indication as to their diplomatic ability. You would characterize our efforts as "picking a side", sorry freeing oprressed people was all that was left, the French and Russians took all the spots on Saddams side...