Anthony bourdain

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
I'm addicted to this show because street food really is the best part of travelling. The Ireland episode was really good and he was right, there is nothing like having a pint of Guinness in the Crown Saloon. The Guinness over here just doesn't taste the same.. infact I always thought it was a crappy beer until going to Ireland.

Has anyone seen the Sicily episode? I keep wanting them to rerun it because Sicily is possibly the greatest place on earth and I can only imagine the kind of food he was treated to there.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
The Iceland episode was great - He pretty much insults everyone and the whole country.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
I kind of wanted to punch him through the TV on the episode last night when he kept bitching about having to do promos. You have the greatest job on earth, jackass, so stop complaining!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Nope. can't stand him. I keep hoping he'll eat something that takes him out...;)

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Nope. can't stand him. I keep hoping he'll eat something that takes him out...;)

Beirut was probably your best chance. They kind of overdid the promos for that but you've got to admit they had great luck (for making an interesting episode, not for having a good vacation) in getting there when they did.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
great show - combines my interest for travel and food at the same time

if you havent read his book - i highly recommend it.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I enjoy travel shows and shows about food, but I can't quite enjoy his show. Maybe it's the thumb rings he wears. Creepy with a capital C.

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
Interesting guy.

Went to Vassar, and then dropped out. Finished at the Culinary Institute of America. Former heroin addict. Chain smoker.

I met him a few times, nice guy. Very typical new yorker.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: DigDug
Interesting guy.

Went to Vassar, and then dropped out. Finished at the Culinary Institute of America. Former heroin addict. Chain smoker.

I met him a few times, nice guy. Very typical new yorker.

Went to Vassar, and then dropped out. Finished at the Culinary Institute of America. Recovering heroin addict. Current nicotine addict.

There. Fixed for you. :D He traded one for the other.

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
he's badass.. probably gets a lot of foreign tail.... saw him on MIAMI Inked.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: bleeb

For some reason, I think this guy must have a lot of STD.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: bennylong
Originally posted by: bleeb

For some reason, I think this guy must have a lot of STD.

Yes, Mr. Virgin, because there no such thing as a condom. Why can't you stop posting already?