Question Anthem anyone?

Batmeat

Feb 1, 2011
Last weekend and this weekend VIP and early adopters had access to the demo. The demo is full of bugs but the game is otherwise very fun. It is very much a destiny clone. Anybody planning on getting this? I already paid for it and I’m hoping by looking at the map that there is much more content to be had.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I played the demo for like 30 minutes and I had no clue wtf I was doing when in the Javelin. I really liked the control and how the Javelins controlled, but I didn't do anything other than just fly around and shoot stuff that had red dots on them. The sound in this game is incredible.

I didn't care for any of the hub stuff and everything about the game in general felt overly complex. Like there is just too much stuff to worry about and that just is not my type of game. I didn't like all the slow dialog and stuff in the hub at all either. I just wanted to fly around.

I was shocked at how poorly the game ran on Xbox One X. I couldn't imagine how bad it runs on the normal Xbox One. Walking around in just the hub with not much going on the framerate would dip to like 20-24 constantly. It made no sense.

If this game was a single player game with a very focused story and campaign that was strictly in the javelins and in that world, I'd probably get it. But as it is I have no interest.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I haven't been deep into reading about this game. I've looked at some reviews and am not sure if the game is worth the cost. Almost every review I've looked at has said it's a Destiny type thing, which makes me wonder how much content is in there before it's nothing but the same grinding by diehards. I'm not sure it's worth the full price tag.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I hit level 30, got tired of the repetition (there is no end game), and have basically stopped playing. Going to get The Division 2 this weekend I think.