Antec TruePower Quattro 850W - $129.99 after $40MIR and $30 Promo IR @Newegg

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Not as hot as the Buy.com deal about a month ago, but still nice for a highly rated 850W Modular PSU. AT has this PSU as their "Silver" medal winner for 2007.

$249.99 Regular
-$50 Instant Savings
-$30 Promo Code - EMCABBADB*
-$40 Mail-in Rebate from Antec
=$129.99 after MIR

*Need to be signed up for Newegg Newsletter Subscription to use this promo code. Just sign up for free, you may need to wait before it works.

Add a P182 Gun Metal Black for @$70 more, another $40 MIR. Unfortunately, you can't use the promo code with the discount, but the combo saving still works out about the same. Good for new year's system builders looking for a great case and PSU. P182 Rebate ends 1/14.

jmcmann

Apr 14, 2006
Pretty decent price - but does anyone have any updated info on how the TruePowers are doing w/ the 8800gt(s) - I know there was a problem a while back. I found some threads on other forums via google, but nothing with a current status or details on Antecs solution.

Thanks...

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Originally posted by: jmcmann
Pretty decent price - but does anyone have any updated info on how the TruePowers are doing w/ the 8800gt(s) - I know there was a problem a while back. I found some threads on other forums via google, but nothing with a current status or details on Antecs solution.

Thanks...

There were a few posts in the video forum and case/cooling forum about this I believe, as well as a rather lengthy post about it at Overclock.net

Looks like they fixed most of the problems, I'm currently typing this up with my TPQ-850 installed without issues with a GTX. Don't have a GT anymore so I can't test that, but it seems most of the problems were worked out with the Rev 3.0 and later units.

I'm currently plugged in via 2 x PCI-E 8-pin connector that come out of the main non-modular stack. I'll try the 2 x PCI-E 6-pin modular connections as well to make sure I don't have any problems or in case I go SLI down the road.

But so far so good, my Antec TP Trio 650W was also very good at keeping consistent voltages under load but voltages did droop a bit. I'm adding a few more components in the next few weeks and I've been looking to upgrade my main PSU for a while and move the 650W to my secondary rig.