Antec Truepower 480 2.0 C.C. B&M $35.96 YMMV

rickon66

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Spied at my local Circuit City - Antec Truepower 480 2.0 for $35.96. It does not appear to be available online. This is a good solid PS for a good price, if you can find one at your local store. They had four on the shelf. I did not buy one, but may pick up one of they are still there on Friday.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Sorry to thread crap....but I do believe these are on the ChannelWellTech platforms use use Fuhjyyu caps that tend to bulge/blow up.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
Sorry to thread crap....but I do believe these are on the ChannelWellTech platforms use use Fuhjyyu caps that tend to bulge/blow up.

Yes they are and yes they still use them- cracked 430 watt open to check. This is not a good deal. sorry

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: spittledip
Originally posted by: RallyMaster

Yes they are and yes they still use them- cracked 430 watt open to check. This is not a good deal. sorry

My Antec TruePower 480 died in less than 2 months. Antec refused my RMA because of lack of a receipt, despite the fact that the product had not been out long enough for the warranty to expire if one had bought one on day one.

SerpentRoyal

Banned
May 20, 2007
Limiting losses due to massive failure rate. The Earthwatch line looks good from the outside. I see big black United Chemicon main filter caps.

dealmaster00

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2007
Originally posted by: SerpentRoyal
Limiting losses due to massive failure rate. The Earthwatch line looks good from the outside. I see big black United Chemicon main filter caps.

That's good to hear, think I'm gonna pick up a 430W earthwatts for $45AR from newegg.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
I did get an RMA on the Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W that I had but I had to contact Fry's headquarters for them to give me a proof of purchase (yeah, it's that complicated). Antec honored the RMA though, and then I sold the SP500 for profit. The Earthwatts is on a Seasonic platform. It's not as flashy as the NeoHEs but should do very well.

Mucker

Platinum Member
Apr 28, 2001
Although I agree the caps are not great, I built a machine for a friend 2-1/2 years ago using one and it's still going strong as ever for him. (Overclocked DFI nF4 Ultra-D)

I think cooling is the key on these. I always make sure case ventilation is top notch, plus the fact that he lives in Alaska helps too....;)

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Antec told me 2 weeks ago that they no longer require a receipt for RMA. They go by the date code that is the first 4 digits of the serial number.