Antec Perf Plus860 Headers and Asus A7V333-R

Michifan12

Aug 31, 2002
Hey guys I just put my new Asus A7V333 Raid mobo into my Antec Plus860 case and I can't get my Power LED to work nor my HDD LED to work.....is there even a spot for a reset LED?...any ideas or suggestions?? Feels like I've tried everything!!! Thanks!

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
Nice case, I just got a PPlus880 :D

On the A7V333-R, the Power LED goes at the rear end of the top row (the silkscreened markings on the mobo are incorrect, at least on mine... see manual, page 44, for the correct pins to use). If it doesn't light up on the first try, flip the plug over. LED's only light up in one direction, unlike a standard lightbulb.

The HDD LED goes on the separate header provided for that purpose (see manual, page 32). Be aware that the HDD LED doesn't indicate activity on any drives plugged into the Promise controller. Again, flip the plug over if it doesn't light up when it's supposed to.

There isn't a Reset LED position, although there is a spot for the Reset switch to plug into.

Incidentally, I found that the Antec front-FireWire plugs don't stay put on the Asus header, because the pins on the mobo aren't very tall. If you were truly determined to use the front FireWire outlet, you might try pulling the white plastic guide off the mobo pins in order to give the case's wiring more pin to plug into, but that could be a trifle risky.

Michifan12

Aug 31, 2002
Awesome....thanks mechBgon!!! hahah you've answered like all my questions so far regarding my mobo issues...I really appreciate it!!....hope you got more room tho....cuz I think I still may have a few more coming!!!

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
LOL! :D Keep 'em coming, glad it's working out so far... :D