Antec NeoHE 550w PSU $60 after 40MIR & 10Promo FS

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
my first hot deals post :)

PSU
Rebate

With free shipping, total comes out to $70 but you can get it for $60 using a 10 off promo code but you have to subscribe to their newsletter for it to work.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
/me refuses to touch another Antec even with a 10 foot pole. Even if this thing IS built by Seasonic just like my Corsair.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Antec NeoHEs are not built by Antec? :confused:

But yeh, Antec's quality has gone way downhill lately, still purchased this one when my TruPower Trio died and I did not have time to wait around for an RMA. Paid about the same at outpost.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
You can get the 500watt from frys for 60 with no rebate from frys.

I like antecs. You might have had a bad experience, but I think they generally have a good rep.

Karaktu

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: fuentefan
I had a NeoHE 430 go out on me.

Every model of every brand will have some failure. :confused:

It's more about what the company does to correct the problem for you and their overall failure/success rate.

Antec has always back everything I've ever owned from them 100%, no questions asked, with super-fast response time (so has ASUS, for that matter). As long as that is the case, I'm very happy with them.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Karaktu
Originally posted by: fuentefan
I had a NeoHE 430 go out on me.
Every model of every brand will have some failure. :confused:
It's more about what the company does to correct the problem for you and their overall failure/success rate.
Antec has always back everything I've ever owned from them 100%, no questions asked, with super-fast response time (so has ASUS, for that matter). As long as that is the case, I'm very happy with them.
Agreed. Within the last two months, I had my first two Antecs go bad on me. A 16 month old 500W SP and a 2 1/2 year old 300W SP from an SLK 1600. Both were replaced within 2-3 weeks. The 300W SP was replaced with a 350 W Basiq. You do need to hold on to those receipts though. They ask you to mail in a dated receipt with the broken PS. No questions asked, no BS. They just replaced them.

GZeus

Apr 24, 2006
Thirded (??). Antec came through with a replacement for me with minimal hassles. Their rebates are reliable too... I have had no problems with somewhere around 10 of those in the last 2 years.

EDIT: I just checked my rebate status on a couple of recent ones and they have come through again!! But this time it is especially sweet - a while back they had rebates for a couple of cases and a PSU from Frys. Normally, these are for Frys.com only - these however, included the retail side of Frys (by mistake??) where a discount had already been applied. With these rebates being honored, I made out like a bandit on a P150, a Solo and a 650W Trio PSU.
I hereby forbid further slagging of Antec for 2 weeks ;) !!!

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: esquared
They ask you to mail in a dated receipt

Yeh, that came back to haunt me, I paid cash for one and lost the receipt, three months later when the Antec died, they refused to honor the warranty (the model had not been released long enough for the warranty to expire even if one had bought it the first day it was out). I had the manual and all the stuff that came with it (save the box) even, just no receipt :(

The Trio died after three months, the trupower (from the sonata) died after a year, its replacement that they sent (trupower 2) is now making a high pitched electrical whine, which does not sound good.

lopgok

Apr 28, 2001
I bought an Antec NSK-2400 case that came with a Antec SU380 power supply. The power supply wouldn't power up my computer. Antec tech support asked me some silly questions, like if I needed the -5v line (used by EISA cards) and the like. I cut the wire of a working ps to show the mb didn't need -5v. They eventually sent me another one. The new one acted just like the first one.
The SU380 did work on other computers (AMD2000 generic, Asus cur-dls dual pentium III), but not on my emachine generic AMD2000 mb. I used the SU380
on the Asus cur-dls. I am quite unimpressed with Antec tech support.
I sent an email to seasonic, and they told me to deal with Antec on the SU380.

I had to talk to a supervisor to get antec to pay for return shipping of my
ps. Also one of the front panel usb connectors wasn't working, and antec had to send me new cables to make it work. Clearly poor quality control.

mdcrab

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2001
Linky no worky, because Newegg servers are down?

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.