Antec Neo Eco 400C

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by NickR, Nov 1, 2010.

1. NickR

NickR Member

Hey guys. I bought a Antec Neo Eco 400C about 6 months ago. Normally $59.99, lbut I got it for $39.99 with free shipping (love newegg shell shockers) anyway, it's been great so far. Quiet, voltages steady. 12V hardly drops under load. 30A on the 12V rail. Powering...

Intel core 2 Duo E7300 @ 3.6Ghz (1.365 Core voltage)
    Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L- (FSB 400, Strap 400, tRD 7)
    4GB (2x2) Patriot Memory DDR2-800 @ 4-3-4-9 @ 2.2v
    XFX Radeon 5770/1GB/ OC
    Creative SB Audigy SE
    Intel 40GB SSD
    WDC 640 Blue SATA
    LG Cd/DVD RW SATA
    3- 120mm fans, 1-92mm CPU cooler fan (Freezer 7 Pro rev1)

Using OCCT, the 12V doesn't drop below 12.2, which seems pretty impressive to me.

anyway, the whole point of this was that I sent Antec an email the other day inquiring as to who the OEM for this power supply was. This was the response I received-

"
    Hi!
    we have several makes of the our PSU...either Delta or Seasonic.
    I believe the ECO is delta.

thank you
    antec support!

"

Now, when I look inside it from the bottom or rear, it doesn't look like any Seasonic heatsink setup I've ever seen. Which matches up with what Antec says. probably Delta. Now I can't remember Antec ever reviewing a Delta based unit. Are they a good manufacturer? Did I miss one somewhere?

Any comments are welcome!

-Nick

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Antec 400C Forum Date
    Antec Neo HE430 PCI-E Connector Power Supplies Apr 4, 2017
    Exchanged my Antec EA-380W for a S12II-520W from Seasonic Power Supplies Dec 28, 2016
    would this work Running gtx 570 on Antec 600 watt psu Power Supplies Dec 22, 2016
    Seasonic s12ii vs XFX TS Series vs Antec TruepowerC Power Supplies Mar 21, 2016

3. Zap

Zap Elite Member

Hello NickR, and welcome to Anandtech Forums.

Antec NEO ECO are all made by Seasonic.

Delta is capable of making good PSUs. If you want a review of a Delta-built Antec, look up the Signature line or EarthWatts EA650/EA750 reviews.

4. fffblackmage

fffblackmage Platinum Member

I just bought one too! Now it's $29 AR.

From this review, the author mentions the design being the same as the Seasonic S12II Bronze model.

5. NickR

NickR Member

EDIT: i just opened up my case, and it does appear to be the newer design, I'm sorry. From the rear it looks like the heatsink from the first picture, but on closer inspection it is not. Phew.

#4 NickR, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  6. tomoyo

tomoyo Senior member

Delta has made some awesome psus. Antec uses a lot of delta and seasonic right now, I would consider both to be fine.

7. VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry Lifer

I picked up a Neo Eco 620W for $50 a week or so ago. Haven't put it into a system yet. Figured it was a pretty good deal.

8. Christoph Katzer

Christoph Katzer Junior Member

Hi,

The NeoECO series is of course made by Seasonic and actually quite bargin. Delta is making some other series exclusively to Antec, for example the High Current Pro, the two larger units of the High Current Gamer, the Earthwatts Green and some of the Basiq series power supplies.

Delta is the largest power supply manufacturer in the world and has superior manufacturing quality. You can check some pictures from a rare visit to one of their factories here.

Christoph

Edit: And if you want to compare the Delta factory to another factory, here is a detailed visit to a competing factory, not mentioning any names... You can see a world and a half lies between those.

#7 Christoph Katzer, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010