Another Women Gets The Tazer

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
nsfw ads (clarification: not bitching, just giving warning to those who might want it)

ahaha another belligerent idiot gets pwned. i have zero sympathy for people who act like that to the police.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I hate it when people give cops attitude. I usually say yes sir and no sir because I assume he has had to deal with 20 a**holes already in his shift.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
hahahahaha! I love those, mainly because it puts ignorant defiant people in their place without really harming them. :)

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Basically, she was being a bitch, but she was not a threat to the police in any way. They had absolutely no reason to resort to a taser as quickly as they did. She should (and probably will) sue the police, and if I was on the jury -- based on the vid -- I'd vote in her favor.

Cops are too eager to use the tasers, and people are dying because of it (happened again just last week in Ohio, guy got tasered, ends up dead). If a taser has the potential of killing someone, then you must justify the use of (potentially) deadly force when using a taser. More and more lawsuits will be filed until the cops either get better training in how and when to use the tasers, or the tasers get outlawed.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
Basically, she was being a bitch, but she was not a threat to the police in any way. They had absolutely no reason to resort to a taser as quickly as they did. She should (and probably will) sue the police, and if I was on the jury -- based on the vid -- I'd vote in her favor.

Cops are too eager to use the tasers, and people are dying because of it (happened again just last week in Ohio, guy got tasered, ends up dead). If a taser has the potential of killing someone, then you must justify the use of (potentially) deadly force when using a taser. More and more lawsuits will be filed until the cops either get better training in how and when to use the tasers, or the tasers get outlawed.

She was starting to fight with the officer that was pulling her out of the car, that is completely unacceptable.

And as for the "taser deaths" there have been cases where people died & tasers were used, but there were usually lots of other factors - Tasers themselves don't kill people.

Ever been hit by one? They sting like a bitch make your muscles contract involuntarily but that's about it. Affected muscles feel a little tired when it stops.

BTW do you have audio?

The first 5 seconds of the video have one officer explaining to the other that the suspect BIT him. I missed that the first time (speakers were turned down).

Viper GTS

CFster

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: PokerGuy

I agree. A lot of cops are using the tazer way too frequently. While those two guys could have easily subdued the woman with physical force, they took the lazy way out. It wouldn't be a big deal if dozens of people hadn't already been killed with those things.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CFster
I agree. A lot of cops are using the tazer way too frequently. While those two guys could have easily subdued the woman with physical force, they took the lazy way out. It wouldn't be a big deal if dozens of people hadn't already been killed with those things.

She bit an officer before the video even started.

And again have you ever played with a taser? I have one right here on my desk, they really aren't that bad.

Viper GTS

Jun 14, 2003
oh i like that....."put your hands behind your back ...NOW!" while shes pretty much paralyzed for a few seconds unable to move.

thats like breaking someones jaw then asking them to sing or theyre going to jail :S