Another Violent Cop Shoots a Black Woman

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Except - you know... driving without a valid/suspended license too lol

But let's ignore that and just blame teh marijoo-wana [/hank hill][
How do the specifics of this instance justify the generalities you're making?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Except - you know... driving without a valid/suspended license too lol

But let's ignore that and just blame teh marijoo-wana [/hank hill][

HOLY SHIT DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE THAT IS LIKE THE END OF CIVILIZATION!

My god you are just a racist piece of filth. Guaranteed if some pretty white woman got pulled over with a suspended license and a previous weed conviction and got shot dead you'd be donating to her GoFundMe.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Watching the video, this all could have been avoided if the cop acted properly. How does a fat woman manage to get back into her car, grab a gun, and shoot the cop when the cop is watching her the entire time and there's another cop on the scene?

Yes - it's easy for me to say this since I wasn't there, I wasn't the cop, and I'm just a guy sitting at home. But cops undergo training for incidents exactly like this. The cop(s) let the situation get out of hand.

This has nothing to do with race.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Watching the video, this all could have been avoided if the cop acted properly. How does a fat woman manage to get back into her car, grab a gun, and shoot the cop when the cop is watching her the entire time and there's another cop on the scene?

Yes - it's easy for me to say this since I wasn't there, I wasn't the cop, and I'm just a guy sitting at home. But cops undergo training for incidents exactly like this. The cop(s) let the situation get out of hand.

This has nothing to do with race.

There was no other cop there when this happened. He’d requested backup, but without lights/sirens (Code 2 vs 3). The two camera feeds are his body cam and dash cam. Everything looks like he didn’t initially consider her a significant threat. He also seemed to be trying to do a little deescalating when he makes mention of getting “off on the wrong foot.” It looks like up until he found the cocaine he might not have been going to arrest her, possibly cite and release for no license, and not sure about what looked like personal sized marijuana. He also seemed not to know how to react when the taser failed. He cycled it several times before going contact stun.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Maybe he's trying to explain why all Southern cops look like Bubba.

A Howitzer shell wouldn't penetrate all that fat.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Maybe he's trying to explain why all Southern cops look like Bubba.

A Howitzer shell wouldn't penetrate all that fat.

It was obvious he was a “big boy” from the body cam, but damn son, the dash cam certainly showed how big he was. I try to not judge too much off appearance, but I’m wondering if he’d gotten complacent after 13 years as LEO and it nearly killed him.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Just saying, shooting is no fun for anyone black or white, but whole vid below.
He was more then respectful to her no matter the color
She had weed
She had coke
She had a gun
Her boyfriends car she was driving pulled up there was out standing warrants for him, he did not know who was driving, but its his job to pull over
she kept going back into the car, and bag though told not to
He tazed her first that did nothing to her
she pulled gun and shot cop FIRST
Threw gun to ground after shooting cop
Then got shot
Ran off
Again sad
Though video does not say, but shows, she fired 2 shots that I can tell, first hit the window shattering it
2nd I can tell by way hole was in door, but right below window, in the door you can see 2nd shot go into the door from the inside near the upper part of the door if you see the incident from the cars camera.

Sad yet again, but what is a cop supposed to do when shot at FIRST? Black white the other, before moving to the south, I was pulled over EVERY time a cop got behind me, and I was doing nothing wrong, yes legit NOTHING wrong, it was always this or that for being pulled over, but I was ALWAYS pulled over ANY time a cop car got behind me, and the ONLY time I EVER got a ticket was back in 1987 about 6 months after getting my drivers license and was in a small minor fender bender. Im now 49, and have not had as much as a speeding ticket. I been in the south now since 2005, and been pulled over one time, for doing 55 around a corner with a yellow "suggested" sign of 45 when I had my 88 Astro with a V8 under the hood and lowered in the front with drop spindles.

And my takeaway from moving to TN after living all over the USA for jobs and just moving:
FL-The worst, most racist place in America no matter your color, and OH YES colored people can be racist as FUCK too! I know, I was almost shot 3 times, and came across more racist colored people in my life around America then I have Whites, and NO I am not one of them, you like me, I like you.
TN, I have seen more happy people here of every color then anywhere else I have lived. Do not believe what you hear, for the most part the south is the least racist, aside of Floor a duh. I was thinking moving here was going to be all I heard especially from up north. But moving here, they wave at you driving down the road, though you so not know them at all. Everyone helps everyone. And ever seen a redneck, most all of them, playing heavy rock or death metal, while sipping on shine? I HAVE, ITS NUTS TO SEE!

Reactions: HumblePie

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Just saying, shooting is no fun for anyone black or white, but whole vid below.
He was more then respectful to her no matter the color
She had weed
She had coke
She had a gun
Her boyfriends car she was driving pulled up there was out standing warrants for him, he did not know who was driving, but its his job to pull over

she kept going back into the car, and bag though told not to
He tazed her first that did nothing to her
she pulled gun and shot cop FIRST
Threw gun to ground after shooting cop
Then got shot
Ran off
Again sad
Though video does not say, but shows, she fired 2 shots that I can tell, first hit the window shattering it
2nd I can tell by way hole was in door, but right below window, in the door you can see 2nd shot go into the door from the inside near the upper part of the door if you see the incident from the cars camera.
Stuff in lavender doesn't matter. Stuff in bold is what really matters.

Nov 8, 2012

This video is spot the fuck on - and even goes on further to talk about where the officer needs further training.

This is just sad it has come down to this - where after tazing and starting to fidget with the gun the officer even allows her to shoot first.

Only after a criminal has actually shot the officer first is pretty much the only justification we have left where people justify an officer shooting.

If you want to understand why we continue to have police shootings - watch that video. He goes into every single detail about every single "red flag" that the stupid woman goes through that says "This situation is likely to escalate"

I mean just on the face of it - who the fuck in life doesn't learn that getting out of your car when being pulled over is THE dumbest thing you can possibly do?

Last edited:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I mean just on the face of it - who the fuck in life doesn't learn that getting out of your car when being pulled over is THE dumbest thing you can possibly do?

Everyone that doesn't live in the US?
I totally get out of the car if I'm pulled over, it's weird having a conversation with someone through the car window.
Unless it's raining. Last time I got pulled over we just kind of lined up our cars and both wound down the windows.

Reactions: mikeymikec

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Everyone that doesn't live in the US?
I totally get out of the car if I'm pulled over, it's weird having a conversation with someone through the car window.
Unless it's raining. Last time I got pulled over we just kind of lined up our cars and both wound down the windows.
Nevermind the fact that Americans have established rules (many!) that exist primarily so that you don't get shot by the police. Shouldn't it be considered a bad thing that getting out of your car when being pulled over by a US police officer is considered dumb? Like, how is that a threatening thing?

Reactions: Perknose and dank69

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Nevermind the fact that Americans have established rules (many!) that exist primarily so that you don't get shot by the police. Shouldn't it be considered a bad thing that getting out of your car when being pulled over by a US police officer is considered dumb? Like, how is that a threatening thing?
Thats what weird me out!

You have all these weird rules and guidelines on how not to get shot by your police. And you don't think that's weird at all. You think it's weird that everyone doesn't sit bolt still in their car with their hands on the wheel when talking to the police and that getting shot is a reasonable outcome if you don't do that.

I mean the police are supposed to make you safer not be an everyday threat!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thats what weird me out!

You have all these weird rules and guidelines on how not to get shot by your police. And you don't think that's weird at all. You think it's weird that everyone doesn't sit bolt still in their car with their hands on the wheel when talking to the police and that getting shot is a reasonable outcome if you don't do that.

But masks...muh freedum!

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Thats what weird me out!

It's normal if you understand that the police are actually just the largest gang in the US.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I've seen that film!

I do find your law enforcement thing pretty arcane though. Sheriffs? What the fuck is up with those?
Middle management, cover for the lower troops + sacrificial lambs for the chief.

EDIT: unless you mean old west Sheriff, that was a heroic allegory to westward expansionism and rugged individualism, with a dash of totalitarianism to get the kiddos cozy with the idea.

Reactions: Pohemi

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Middle management, cover for the lower troops + sacrificial lambs for the chief.

EDIT: unless you mean old west Sheriff, that was a heroic allegory to westward expansionism and rugged individualism, with a dash of totalitarianism to get the kiddos cozy with the idea.
I kind of meant "what the fuck is a sheriff". :D

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This video is spot the fuck on - and even goes on further to talk about where the officer needs further training.

This is just sad it has come down to this - where after tazing and starting to fidget with the gun the officer even allows her to shoot first.

Only after a criminal has actually shot the officer first is pretty much the only justification we have left where people justify an officer shooting.

If you want to understand why we continue to have police shootings - watch that video. He goes into every single detail about every single "red flag" that the stupid woman goes through that says "This situation is likely to escalate"

Seen that guy before, he is a forevertrumper, i'd advice getting you how-to-police from someone else. I am not saying he is wrong, I am saying he has a history of mental illness, proceed to consume his information through that lense.

he is on display here

CAN I GET AN AMEN.

Last edited: