Another "very fine person" kills 1 injures 3 in a Poway, California synagouge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
We've found the anti Semitic insightment by the New York times. What did they think was going to happen?
EDIT: I found the mistake. The leash is backwards.

D5L4F3tWAAAnWWr
You find something that's not correct in the illustration?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
His manifesto explicitly stated that he thought Jews were trying to exterminate the white race through immigration.

Not just his shooter and his manifesto. That is a common belief among white nationalists. Jews are trying to dilute the "white race" by encouraging immigration and miscegenation. Jews are often accused by white nationalists of being responsible for the slave trade - the "disaster" of bringing so many blacks into North America. If something is going on they don't like or perceive as a threat - like immigration from Mexico, in their minds there must be a Jew behind it somewhere. In this generation it's Soros. In times past it's often been the Rothchilds.

Jews are kind of at the top of a pyramid of evil to them, with all the inferior non-white races doing their bidding.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Not just his shooter and his manifesto. That is a common belief among white nationalists. Jews are trying to dilute the "white race" by encouraging immigration and miscegenation. Jews are often accused by white nationalists of being responsible for the slave trade - the "disaster" of bringing so many blacks into North America. If something is going on they don't like or perceive as a threat - like immigration from Mexico, in their minds there must be a Jew behind it somewhere. In this generation it's Soros. In times past it's often been the Rothchilds.

Jews are kind of at the top of a pyramid of evil to them, with all the inferior non-white races doing their bidding.

Yes, that's a very long-standing far-right-wing trope. The Jews being the evil masterminds and black people being their tools to destroy "western civilisation". Though hostility to Jewish immigration to the US was much more common and salient in the past, seems like it's been eclipsed in recent times by other bogeymen.

I honestly wonder whether there's a very slow change in progress, in that some bits of the far right seem to have come to terms with Jews somewhat (again, I cite EDL guy Robinson/Yaxley-Lennon visiting Israel and posing for selfies with Israeli soldiers, or Trump combining failing to condemn Nazis with strongly supporting the Israeli right).

After all, as Jewish people now have their own nation, they no longer present an implicit challenge to the very idea of nationalism just by their existence. The cultural weight/inerita (and purely religious aspects) of Jew-hatred I guess means most of the far-right are going to hang on to their 'traditional values' for the foreseeable future, but it seems to me there's a near-far-right that doesn't have Jew-hatred as a central concern, that focus more on Muslims or darker-skinned people generally.