another type of project²

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally, this project was to accompany 'Face of TeAm Anandtech', but it went ahead faster than I was expecting. But now that we have an official TeAm belt, I figure I will throw this out.

A little background on the thought process for the project. I was in the Navy for eight years, and I really don't have anything to show for the people that I met through all of that time frame. And it really sucks. Well, while we were moving into the new house, I found my old book that I made in middle school (circa 7th grade) and I had used it as a yearboook, getting everyone to sign it. And then that is when I thought of having a book to send around to fellow members of our crunching community and have them write their thoughts for some amount of time. Sign in it, journalize it for a month, or scribble in it--whatever. But I would like to have everyone's chicken scratch in there. :) And I would scan it and put it online or something to that effect so that it could be shared by all.

When I seen Rudy Toody's project that he is commencing, I thought it would be a good opportunity in that we could pass the book around with the belt, since no one person will get it again, and it is being physically shipped person to person.

What do ya'll think?