Another telecom company is buying the company I work for out

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
As you probably have read in the past, my company is failing, big time. A leading telecom/competitor has plans to buy us out. The thing that sucks and is a little weird is if anyone recalls a few months ago I applied at another job and basicaly got an interview and was hired. However, the pay was min. wage and I just could not live off of that. Well that company I interviewed and got hired for is the company that is buying this company out. I also kinda bad mouthed the current owner of this company. I did not spread lies or anything, it's the truth. The other company asked me why I want to leave this current company. I said I was not happy with the way things were run. And well, it's obvious that things weren't run that good if the company is on the edge of shutting its doors, right?

I'm just obsessing and getting anxious over change. I guess it's always good to go with the flow however, I hate change (sometimes).

I have two choices, either stick with this company, as new company takes over and re-builds this company from the ground up, or find another job.

If I do stick it out here it may mean a paycut from $10.00 an hour to minimum wage which is $6.25 + commissions. We do not know for certain how this will work out.

BUT, I'm a little worried that the owner of the other company, who interviewed me, might not want me. I did pass his interview and I was hired. However, the fact that I later turned the position down due to monetary reasons scares me. I hope he doesn't hold it against me. From what I understand the owner of the other company is a really nice/cool guy.

Anyways I just thought I'd share and see if I could get any feedback on what I should do.

Cliffs:
-Company going down the hill, shutting its doors on Feb 29
-Owner of company found a way to help us keep our jobs (possibly)
-Company A wants to buy us out and keep us going
-I interviewed for company A a few months ago, got hired and then turned down the position due to $ reasons.
-Scared that once they buy us out the interviewer will not want me around due to the fact that I bailed the last time
-Any advice or comments?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
hey, you still have a job
i remember your earlier posts where you were sure that by now you would be out of work

it never hurts to look for something else, but you gotta pay the bills

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
Stick it out but keep your options only. After you bailed on the job offer your interviewer probably forgot about you just as soon as you left the room so I wouldn't worry about that.