Another successful immigration raid

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Nothing like token enforcement to show you're doing something about illegal immigration. Better than absolutely nothing, but just barely...

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
A few hundred down, 20 million to go.

:laugh:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Tax rebates and ICE raids- all part of the Bread and Circuses school of civil administration...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The more the merrier...

I agree that the management team and HR department should be charged with a variety of offenses, from hiring undocumented workers, to aiding and abetting a crime...maybe even harboring fugitives...:D

Like I said in the May Day thread, this is just more lip-service being paid to the sheeple under the guise of "Look! We're deoprting MORE Illegals! while ignoring the bigger problem...the management that hired them. Do away with the work for them and they'll stop coming here.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If they really want to stop illegal immigration they need stiff fines and penalties for the people who are hiring them.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The government should prosecute the Employers. They knew they were hiring illegals. They cant be that stupid. This is all about making money off of cheap labor. It is the employers that support the illegal immmigration and take advantage of the poor. It is empolyers that should be fined. If there is no work for illegals they will all go home or learn to fend for themselves and build their own communities.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
We are talking about a republican administration and its the party of big business. The GOP does not believe in prosecuting a business. But maybe they can find a democrat or two to make into a scapegoat.

A union rep is perfect to fit that bill.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Lemon law
We are talking about a republican administration and its the party of big business. The GOP does not believe in prosecuting a business. But maybe they can find a democrat or two to make into a scapegoat.

He wasn't the only one charged. ;)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Funny how much was done under the previous Dem administration.

It is government period, not thecolor of their coat.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I was expecting these sorts of responses so I withheld this link about the "fallout" from the 2006 Swift raid.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=8291574

Former Swift union rep guilty of harboring illegal workers

I have a feeling they will have enough to charge someone at the Agri plant since it looks like they have plenty of sources. :)

That's great Cad, but until this becomes more than a token showing of enforcement, the illegal immigration problem isn't going to suddenly cease to be an issue. ICE needs to step this up, raid a business in a random state once per week or more, REALLY put the fear into employers. Then, maybe the source of the problem (jobs) will start to dry up as employers take this seriously and scrutinize their workforce for illegals.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I was expecting these sorts of responses so I withheld this link about the "fallout" from the 2006 Swift raid.

I have a feeling they will have enough to charge someone at the Agri plant since it looks like they have plenty of sources. :)

That's great Cad, but until this becomes more than a token showing of enforcement, the illegal immigration problem isn't going to suddenly cease to be an issue. ICE needs to step this up, raid a business in a random state once per week or more, REALLY put the fear into employers. Then, maybe the source of the problem (jobs) will start to dry up as employers take this seriously and scrutinize their workforce for illegals.

You call the biggest raid in US history "token"? Sure, they need to do it more often but that hardly means it's "token". The Marshaltown raid here in 2006 is still being yapped about by the apologists(including former governor pilliage-n-sack). They had a town hall style meeting a while back whining about it. It's F'n disgusting.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
The plant employed 900 people. 390 arrested. Almost F'n half the plant was here illegally. WTF?

Now there are reports of some that live around there are holed up in some church. Time for ICE to step into the house of the Lord. A church is NOT a place that people who break the law should be allowed to hide.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The only real problem I see with this is that unless they secure the border, there'll be 10 illegal immigrant applicants crossing the border for each of those jobs...and they'll get hired.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy

Funny how much was done under the previous Dem administration.

It is government period, not thecolor of their coat.

QFT

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: jpeyton
A few hundred down, 20 million to go.

:laugh:

The emptying of a pool starts with a single drop...

And we don't have to arrest and deport all of them. If you toughen up on businesses, residences, and get rid of other benefits to illegal aliens, they will self-deport. This is already happening in places like Arizona and Prince William County, Virigina.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

You call the biggest raid in US history "token"? Sure, they need to do it more often but that hardly means it's "token". The Marshaltown raid here in 2006 is still being yapped about by the apologists(including former governor pilliage-n-sack). They had a town hall style meeting a while back whining about it. It's F'n disgusting.

The fact that they need to do it more often, as you admit, MEANS this is a token enforcement effort. How often do you hear about ICE raids in the media? Not very often.

As I've said, this is a good start. Perhaps the feds are actually getting serious about the illegal immigration issue. I was perusing ICE's accomplishments in FY07. Pretty impressive:

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/pi/n...y07accmplshmntsweb.pdf