Another Sprint PCS deal........***dead***.....****live again***** watch 4 anandtech effect.

TimeKeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
CC has DIRECT Ship deal: NO MIR needed (great for existing customer)

LG 5350 for $150
Sanyo 4900 for $100 (this suppose to be the best performer of all Sprint Vision phone)
Samsung N400 for $130
Samsung A460 for $55
Samsung A500 for $205 (if you don't have Costco aruond your area)

12-3-02

hey...don't blame me if it raise the price in couple days. "anandtech effect" in progress.

NateDiggity

Oct 25, 2002
Do you think the $50 dollar rebate you get in all the stores will still work on this deal?
Might they possibly send it with the phone, or might there be somewhere online?
that'd be a sweet deal if you could take another fifty off.

Grizybaer

Jul 21, 2000
Was anyone able to get a screen shot of the A460 for 60bux? I'm sure they have a few more at my local CC

razorweb

Dec 9, 2000
do u need to sign up for sprint service to get these prices or can existing customers just buy this and not worry about getting roped into some kind of contract?

FoolishMcNasty

Feb 20, 2002
Has anyone been able to get these prices in store? The A460 has a price of $99 (with $50 rebate for new account). If so can you scan the receipt?

Davemeister

Feb 6, 2001
I just placed order for the A460 at circuit city over the phone. $59.52 shipped. I may have to pop by Costco this week and check their deal for comparison. The only part of the package that would interest me would be the car charger, since I wouldn't use a holster and I'm picky about the headset/earpiece thing. If Costco turns out to be the better deal, I'll just return the CC one back to the store.

TimeKeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
seriously guys...don't get the A460.
Reception is really really bad. (I once tried it for only 4 hours and return it right away!!!!)
Besides, A460 is now discontinue.

Sanyo 4900 is bit large. If you have huge hand and clearity + speaker phone is what you need, then you can't go wrong w/ it.

wfay

Jul 24, 2001
my Sanyo 4900 is already on its way, will be here on Thurs. this is a HOT deal. thanks TK.

edit: what's the price & package on the A460 @ Costco, i must have missed it. i've only seen the deals on N400... girlfriend could use a new phone.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: TimeKeeper
Reception is really really bad. (I once tried it for only 4 hours and return it right away!!!!)

Sanyo 4900 is bit large. If you have huge hand and clearity + speaker phone is what you need, then you can't go wrong w/ it.

Go threadcrap elsewhere you friggin idiot. You are in violation of the forum rules and should be bitchslapped! BTW, A460 is a great phone!

pdo

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
www.pauldophotography.com
Originally posted by: AnyMal
Originally posted by: TimeKeeper

Go threadcrap elsewhere you friggin idiot. You are in violation of the forum rules and should be bitchslapped! BTW, A460 is a great phone!

I believe this is a thread he started. He's just giving advice not thread crapping moron.

TimeKeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Originally posted by: FoolishMcNasty
How much worse is the reception of the A460 than the Motorola Timeport?

Actually, I believe Timeport has much better reception then A460.

BTW, thanks .paldo for clearing out that I wasn't "treadcrapping".

JDJr

Oct 2, 2000
FWIW: Amazon.com has the 4900 for $20 after the rebates.
$80 from Amazon and $50 from Sprint, of course this is for new service activations.

I went to Circuit City last night and tried to get a match or something and the guy said he couldn't do it because it was a circuit city but if he was at his store he could get me the price, so I asked him when he would be at his store and he tried to change the subject that his manager wouldn't let him give me that price. Then he started telling me that ordering it online would be risky and buying it locally (For $80 more) would be the best way to go. Needless to say I wasn't to impressed with the Sprint PCS circuit city representative there.

That LG5350 looks pretty cool too. Decisions decisions.

JDJr

GregFish

Sep 20, 2001
Best Buy matched the price of the Sanyo 4900 for $105. I just printed out the price from the circuit city website and showed it to Best Buy last night.

Askani

Dec 31, 2000
Out of all those phones the Sanyo 4900 is the best. Best reception and features (voice memo, call screening, upload images and midis to phone, and great speakerphone). If you can get over the design on the phone, you won't be dissapointed with it. Can anyone tell me the prices at Costco?

JDJr

Oct 2, 2000
Askani : They didn't have the 4900 at my costco. Only the A500, 460 and 5350.

JDJr