Another sexual harassment allegation at Fox News

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
FOX is the news channel for fundamentalist Christians. You will note that they are not upset about the sexual predations of male FOX personnel, they are upset at people going after the pervs....

It's like if it's their pervs, then hey, forgive like the good book says. But if it's anybody else's pervs, especially Democrat ones, well then, they need to be struck down and sent to that fiery place where all non-Republicans go.

Reactions: bshole

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
It's like if it's their pervs, then hey, forgive like the good book says. But if it's anybody else's pervs, especially Democrat ones, well then, they need to be struck down and sent to that fiery place where all non-Republicans go.

Hypocrisy apparently is the universal trait of all humans. It is so delicious to watch conservative Christians engage in it and then explain why it is ok based on their interpretation of the Bible.

Reactions: tweaker2

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And Lo! A voice from on high was heard from afar, "exclaim it from the farthest mount, ye shall go unto the earth and grab yon feline! And when you go forth, cast off your burdens from those who would persecute you, and pander to those whom choose ignorance."

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
FOX is the news channel for fundamentalist Christians. You will note that they are not upset about the sexual predations of male FOX personnel, they are upset at people going after the pervs....

fundy christians know there's no god to punishment them

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
And Lo! A voice from on high was heard from afar, "exclaim it from the farthest mount, ye shall go unto the earth and grab yon feline! And when you go forth, cast off your burdens from those who would persecute you, and pander to those whom choose ignorance."
Thank you Reverend Heathen for your thoughtful explanation of the situation.:p Really though I don't think that anyone is surprised by the revelations coming forth from the network with the sexiest female anchors on tv.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Thank you Reverend Heathen for your thoughtful explanation of the situation.:p Really though I don't think that anyone is surprised by the revelations coming forth from the network with the sexiest female anchors on tv.

Having those sexy female anchors over at FOX is a lot like having those same sexy gals posing in front of a Yugo in the hopes of passing it off as something that in actuality is the direct antithesis thereof.

I guess FOX figures if all they have to sell are lies, innuendo, rumors and hate and fear, then it may as well come from voluptuous vixen snake oil sales people as an attractive distraction from the facts of the matter.

I really do feel some sympathy for their female hosts who have to ditch their self-respect and integrity in order to get ahead at that network full of macho he-man wanna-be's.

Pathetic really.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He probably has been naughty, but at this point, he got fired and his only kid killed himself, no point kicking a man when he is this far down.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
He probably has been naughty, but at this point, he got fired and his only kid killed himself, no point kicking a man when he is this far down.
Nevertheless, if he's harmed another person he needs to answer for it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm with Puffnstuff: it's hard not to feel for Bolling a bit given his family tragedy, but at the same time... that doesn't let him off the hook for his own behavior. Your own suffering doesn't negate having to address the suffering you've inflicted on others.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It probably is related to the cult-like aspects of the religious-right. Because sexual abuse is far from unknown on the cult-like fringes of the far-left.

Patriarchy exists on all parts of the left-right spectrum, but does seem to be at its worst with groups that feel most embattled, where the greater 'cause' can eclipse all other concerns.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
It's really too bad that the OP and others don't really care about this sort of alleged activity. But only when the right does it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's really too bad that the OP and others don't really care about this sort of alleged activity. But only when the right does it.
When Rachel Maddow starts fingering without permission Anna Marie Cox I will care. Until then go back to your brainwashing News Network

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Interesting because I don't see any post from you in this thread expressing any interest in this issue. Perhaps you can show us a similar thread where a "liberal" host is accused of sexual harassment and we can see how you reacted and how everyone else reacted as well.

Until then stop projecting.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well it's not their faults--all them womens shouldn't be wearing those short skirts like that with their legs hanging out all the time!

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Hypocrisy apparently is the universal trait of all humans. It is so delicious to watch conservative Christians engage in it and then explain why it is ok based on their interpretation of the Bible.

It's impossible to argue the point though, because outwardly, they aren't saying sexual harassment is OK. They are claiming all these guys didn't actually do it. This is why the left-right dialogue is currently impossible in this country. If we were all acknowledging the same set of facts, differences in opinion would be easier to address.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've been out of the dating scene for a long time, why would you send a dick pic to a woman?

A couple of years ago a friend of mine who is attractive and has a wild look told me she signed up for some dating site it's verified users/whatever. She was hoping there would be no dick pics, which at the time made me laugh. About 20 minutes later she gets a dick pic.
Why wouldn't she want a dick pic? I'd think she would like to know what she is getting into...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Bullshit. Plain and simple. Works for fox viewers though, so can't fault ya for falling back on the tried and true bullshit.