another SETI@home CLI question...

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
unlike the GUI version, the CLI version doesn't have an option to start with windows, but one can get around that by placing a chortcut to the .exe file in the startup folder. BUT, can i get the CLI to start MINIMIZED in the system tray when windows starts? i know that the GUI version starts minimized if it was minimized upon restart, but my CLI doesn'r work that way. if i minimize it and then restart, it starts up as a window on my desktop, not minimized in the system tray like the GUI would. is there any way to change this and make it start minimized to the system tray?

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
go to ......start/....programs/....startup/.......now right click on the seti.exe that you placed there.....you will see an opition to run minimized.....select it and reboot to try it.....

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you want.........right click on the shortcut in the startup folder and select properties..........in the box where it says 'target' c://something/seti.exe ...................at the end after the exe add "/m" no quotes though..........this is how I do it.

how mine look

C:\Seti\SETILog.exe -proxy 192.168.0.1:5001 /m