Another right wing asshole from the Hoover institute trying to get us all killed. No California was not infected and does not have herd immunity.....

Mar 11, 2004
Yeah that's really shitty. I wonder if the guy did this on his own, I kinda doubt it. So then it makes you ask if someone else (that he's been on Fox News recently is certainly curious) helped, or if the local media station itself was complicit (would this perhaps have anything to do with how they've been trying to consolidate local media outlets under right wing conglomerates).

This is the type of behavior that should cost him his association with Stanford, hopefully the University takes action. This was a deliberate attempt to use good rep of Stanford Medicine to spread disinformation.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He's postulating a theory based on testing Stanford is doing. Scientist are known sources of theories, sometimes they're wrong.
The people from Stanford say their research does not support his theory.

He’s spinning bullshit that can get people killed because he works for a right wing think tank and wants to toe the party line. He should be fired.

Let’s start with the facts. I reached out to Stanford Medicine to try to understand the goals of its antibody test, and how it relates to Hanson’s fall 2019 theory. The short answer on the latter is that it doesn’t. “Our research does not suggest that the virus was here that early,” says Lisa Kim of Stanford’s media relations team.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
He's postulating a theory based on testing Stanford is doing. Scientist are known sources of theories, sometimes they're wrong.

No, he's not. The Stanford testing has nothing to do with his theory and does not suggest in any way that the virus was in CA in the fall. That's something he made up all on his own.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No, he's not. The Stanford testing has nothing to do with his theory and does not suggest in any way that the virus was in CA in the fall. That's something he made up all on his own.
Me thinks we have a case of some freaking loser wanting his 15 minutes of fame!!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Me thinks we have a case of some freaking loser wanting his 15 minutes of fame!!
He works for the Hoover Institute, a right wing think tank. His job is literally to look at what the party is currently saying and try to craft messaging and “research” to support it. Whether it is right or not is unimportant, his job is to support the party.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

He works for the Hoover Institute, a right wing think tank. His job is literally to look at what the party is currently saying and try to craft messaging and “research” to support it. Whether it is right or not is unimportant, his job is to support the party.

And he's not in any way a scientist but rather a military historian, Yup he's bound to be a reliable source on coronavirus.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I hope the people who posted in reply to this before me have set you straight. He is not a scientist. He has not presented any credible theory based on real scientific facts. His motivations are ideologically driven and he is simply an evil person who cares nothing for human life. The presence of such a disease in a dog would get it shot. The guy is a worthless piece of garbage. Just listen to me for once for Christ's sake. You should know from the fact that I know you are a good person that I'm not wrong about people. I shit instincts. Never wrong, Bro. :) And fiskimo there is right about everything but Prop 13.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

There are times I think that there might be hope for you yet. This isn't one of them.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

He’s spinning bullshit that can get people killed because he works for a right wing think tank and wants to toe the party line. He should be fired.

So this is again relating to the Hoover Institution?

That lawyer who came up with his own attempt at epidemiology (untainted by any actual qualifications in the subject) was also employed by the Hoover Institute, and Trump's people allegedly picked it up from the HI website.

These think-tanks are quite industrious about pumping out the misinformation

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The bottom line as I see it is that the conservative mind infected with right wing ideology fears the collapse of the economy, the source of their personal status and security more than they fear the the deaths of millions of peons. Those peons need to keep working for them while they shelter.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The bottom line as I see it is that the conservative mind infected with right wing ideology fears the collapse of the economy, the source of their personal status and security more than they fear the the deaths of millions of peons. Those peons need to keep working for them while they shelter.

The part they don't get is that the corporate debt bubble was ready to pop anyway. The FRB was having trouble keeping it inflated as early as last fall when they intervened in the repo market. The reckless masters of the Universe had already set it up for a fall. Not just in this country, but globally. It's a done deal.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The part they don't get is that the corporate debt bubble was ready to pop anyway. The FRB was having trouble keeping it inflated as early as last fall when they intervened in the repo market. The reckless masters of the Universe had already set it up for a fall. Not just in this country, but globally. It's a done deal.

In my opinion what will save the economy, if anything, is viral immunity, either via vaccine or surviving the actual disease. Nobody knows for sure if a vaccine can be made in a timely manor or if survival will confer future immunity. But it seems to me that all resources should be diverted as much as possible into scientific research and preventing social collapse. A nation full of entitled people won't do well under stress.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Yes, and doing so by delving into an area that is 100% outside his field and expertise. This is the right's junk science, or should we call it instead...alternative science?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, it's total bullshit. If the virus was here in the fall there would have been a Wuhan style epidemic and the morgues would have been overflowing. CA has some real scum, check Nunes.

On Tuesday, KSBW, a news station in Monterey, California, aired a story about California’s potential “herd immunity” to the novel coronavirus.

When I heard about this I thought back on the virus I had in the middle of November. No fever, no cough, it was a mild illness, but it did linger a couple weeks, longer than I'd hoped. But the symptoms don't seem like covid-19. And like I said, this wasn't here before December for sure and probably not before January. I really think it started in Wuhan.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah, it's total bullshit. If the virus was here in the fall there would have been a Wuhan style epidemic and the morgues would have been overflowing. CA has some real scum, check Nunes.
You get KSBW?? We are pretty close to each other...lol

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You get KSBW?? We are pretty close to each other...lol
I don't know... I'm in Berkeley, CA. Just about the only radio I ever check out here is KALX, Berkeley, www.kalx.berkeley.edu, 90.7 FM. I'm actually a DJ there!

Edit: That's a TV station, right? Doubt I could get it. I just about never tune into anything other than network TV... i.e. NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS. Just antenna stuff. I watch news, some sports... nowadays there's no sports, so I'm watching ZERO sports!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I don't know... I'm in Berkeley, CA. Just about the only radio I ever check out here is KALX, Berkeley, www.kalx.berkeley.edu, 90.7 FM. I'm actually a DJ there!

Edit: That's a TV station, right? Doubt I could get it. I just about never tune into anything other than network TV... i.e. NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS. Just antenna stuff. I watch news, some sports... nowadays there's no sports, so I'm watching ZERO sports!
I use to hang in berkeley and parts unknown.....I am currently on the Monterey Peninsula in a little city right next to Monterey, called Seaside!
Berkeley has some interesting Restaurants and coffee shops!
Many years ago,maybe 30 years, I taught an under grad music course at UC Berkeley!!
Stay safe!!
The only reason I have cable TV is because back in 2015 when I became gravely ill TV was all I had while I stayed in bed after being in the hospital for 3 weeks!
It is not like we have a plethora of stations that we can pick up with an antenna!
Peace!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse