Another Reminder of how Lucky we are Safe in the US: 3 more US Troops Killed in Iraq Today, 1 Yesterday, 1 Friday

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
I love the fact that we blew off the UN, and now we need their troops to spell ours and keep Iraq from becoming the biggest PR disaster in history...

bushbaby's gotta go. It's no coincidence that more than half of the American people didn't vote for this f@cking moron...

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: busmaster11
I love the fact that we blew off the UN, and now we need their troops to spell ours and keep Iraq from becoming the biggest PR disaster in history...

bushbaby's gotta go. It's no coincidence that more than half of the American people didn't vote for this f@cking moron...

That is how the voting happens for most Presidents. Are you that crappy at history?

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Millennium

That is how the voting happens for most Presidents. Are you that crappy at history?

Did I somehow imply that I didn't understand the system with that complaint?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Yes, actually you did. You act as if Bush's election differed from any other presidents in percentage of vote. They are predominately static in numbers of the year. Fluctuations and not always precisely the same, but similar numbers for the most part.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000

Yes, actually you did. You act as if Bush's election differed from any other presidents in percentage of vote. They are predominately static in numbers of the year. Fluctuations and not always precisely the same, but similar numbers for the most part.

I didn't "act" anything. It was an observation that it is a rare occurance that the electoral decision was such that it did not reflect the overall choice of the majority. Now if I'm wrong, or if you can prove to me that this in fact happens often in elections, then your accusation would be true. Otherwise, please sit down.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
If you ask me it's more of a reminder of how stupid we are to allow even one of our troops to die in such a misguided war. I guarantee that anyone who supported this war would feel differently if their son or daughter came home in a body bag.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
no concern for the Iraqi driver and UN staffer killed. Since the UN is supposed to be the answer, why are they attacking a UN convoy?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I didn't "act" anything. It was an observation that it is a rare occurance that the electoral decision was such that it did not reflect the overall choice of the majority. Now if I'm wrong, or if you can prove to me that this in fact happens often in elections, then your accusation would be true. Otherwise, please sit down.

Bus - I think Millennium was pointing out that "half the American people" doesn't equal half of the American voting public. Neither came close to getting the votes of 50% of americans (only the voting americans).

Anyway - Has anyone compared the death rate of our soldiers that are in non combat parts of the world to the rate in Iraq? That would be interesting to know and compare.

CkG

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Bus - I think Millennium was pointing out that "half the American people" doesn't equal half of the American voting public. Neither came close to getting the votes of 50% of americans (only the voting americans).

Anyway - Has anyone compared the death rate of our soldiers that are in non combat parts of the world to the rate in Iraq? That would be interesting to know and compare.

CkG

The airforce monitors accidents during the 100 days of summer. A couple of weeks ago the air force had already lost 10 guys, 6 of them were motorcycle accidents.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Bush is not the first President to lose the popular vote and have to rely on the Electoral College.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: charrison
no concern for the Iraqi driver and UN staffer killed. Since the UN is supposed to be the answer, why are they attacking a UN convoy?

Are the attackers suppose to stop those convoy and ask where they are from before they attack?

Eveyone is paying the price for this stupid war that neocon and their puppet bush is waging.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
I think the argument would be better framed as "Bush received less popular votes then Gore". From what I know, the only other time this happened was in the 1870's where the two parties made a deal in Congress to allow Benjamin Harrison (who received less electoral votes then his competitor, just like in 2000) was allowed to become President. Presidents don't win a majority of popular votes all the time (due to third parties of course).

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
I think the argument would be better framed as "Bush received less popular votes then Gore". From what I know, the only other time this happened was in the 1870's where the two parties made a deal in Congress to allow Benjamin Harrison (who received less electoral votes then his competitor, just like in 2000) was allowed to become President. Presidents don't win a majority of popular votes all the time (due to third parties of course).

IT has happened 3 times and each time the electorial college has counted for electing that president. Just like every other presidential election.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rchiu
Originally posted by: charrison

Are the attackers suppose to stop those convoy and ask where they are from before they attack?

yahoo
Both convoys were clearly marked as U.N. vehicles.