Another quality Trump cabinet pick quits amidst domestic violence claims

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sloppy, incompetent, lazy, stupid, dangerous...feel free to include your own adjectives. I've run out. More MAGA I guess

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...agon-chief-after-domestic-dispute-allegations

Yeah, you, I, and the rest of the literate world knows that isn't why he was, essentially, fired. Those details were part of FBI background check, and there's only one reason they were leaked.

Anyway, I find this hilariously normal for Trump to say something brainless in light of the content of this story
"Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan, who has done a wonderful job, has decided not to go forward with his confirmation process so that he can devote more time to his family," Trump said via Twitter.

...because he wants to beat on them some more? eh?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Sounds like his family needs all the help they can get—apparently the ex-wife was arrested for battery (not husband) while on another occasion his son brutally beat the wife with a baseball bat.

I initially found the timing of this very suspicious...I think someone else pointed out that Trump tweeted about Shanahan within a minute of the article being posted online. FBI has known about this for 2 years and its only coming out now, after NYT published the story on DoD/Cyber Command attacking Russia without first briefing Trump.

I don’t know though—no reputable reporters are making that link yet.

To quote the classic C+C Music Factory, “things that make you go Hmmmm!”

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Erhm .. why?
Stand proud of it .. you may add another 0.5% to your base if you add all the wife beaters.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, you, I, and the rest of the literate world knows that isn't why he was, essentially, fired. Those details were part of FBI background check, and there's only one reason they were leaked.

Anyway, I find this hilariously normal for Trump to say something brainless in light of the content of this story

That was the easy way out. He was gone before this as you say.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That's not really fair to Shanahan. His Ex is a troubled person-

She also acknowledged receiving care for post-traumatic stress disorder. During her divorce, Jordinson was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, though she disputed that conclusion. And police records in her new hometown of Sarasota, Florida show officers have expressed concerns about her mental stability when responding to multiple calls from her home.

Jordinson’s post-divorce life has not been without its troubles. In 2014, she was charged with burglary and criminal mischief in separate disputes with a former business partner. The burglary charge was subsequently dismissed, as was the criminal mischief charge after she completed a pre-trial diversion program.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ife-domestic-violence-altercation/1470811001/

She'd probably be a better fit in the Trump admin than Shanahan. Love isn't rational, leaving room for decent people to get sucked into sick relationships.

It's impossible to say why he was tossed from the train but there was likely some reluctance to go along with insane policy that prompted it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That's not really fair to Shanahan. His Ex is a troubled person-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ife-domestic-violence-altercation/1470811001/

She'd probably be a better fit in the Trump admin than Shanahan. Love isn't rational, leaving room for decent people to get sucked into sick relationships.

It's impossible to say why he was tossed from the train but there was likely some reluctance to go along with insane policy that prompted it.

No sane administration would nominate somebody who they knew had such a troubled family life that certainly would surface in a background check for a cabinet level post and against congressional scrutiny of his nom.

The WH apparently has improved its vet process to the point where they know about some of these things yet proceed heedlessly forward with probably doomed candidates.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yea, the timing is suspect, but I'll back off on this being because of the leaked story about keeping Trump out of the loop. Very serious domestic violence charges (that the admin has known about for a month).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No sane administration would nominate somebody who they knew had such a troubled family life that certainly would surface in a background check for a cabinet level post and against congressional scrutiny of his nom.

The WH apparently has improved its vet process to the point where they know about some of these things yet proceed heedlessly forward with probably doomed candidates.

Merely an excuse to dump Shanahan. The facts were known for years.