Another Police Officer Out Of Control - Power Trip Over 14 Year Old

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: IGBT
Originally posted by: spidey07
If the skaters would quit ruining public property then they wouldn't have to chase them off like that.

I skated for over a decade and faced this stuff all the time. Goes with the territory.

..around here the skate scum are largely responsible for the graffiti problem. does a can of spray paint come packaged with skate boards??
They're probably smoking the dope too! :shocked:

..mabe they're huffing the spray paint.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Cattlegod
the kid was probably a punk. the cop should have broke his board.

So you get pulled over for speeding and the cop should destroy your car?:confused:

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

on his head!

Cop: STOP CALLING ME DUDE!

Skater: yes dude. :confused:

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Number1

on his head!

Cop: STOP CALLING ME DUDE!

Skater: yes dude. :confused:

So you're saying, the cop has every right to tell the child to stop saying "Dude"? That's horseshit.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Soundmanred
Originally posted by: waggy
the kid deserved getting yelled at. the cop did cross the line by putting his hands on him and throwing him to the ground.

Well, if he ends up in a wheelchair at least the cops can't throw him to the ground anymore.
Wait...

yeah just seen that. WTF how err why..man really amazed at it.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Venix
"You can't ride your skateboards down here anywhere."
"Okay, I didn't hear you."

^That's where the conversation should have ended. It should be illegal for cops to escalate an otherwise controlled situation to verbal harassment and violence.

no, it should have ended at:

"Yes sir, I'm sorry sir.."

Sadly the cop doesn't know how to deal with retard kids and as such should lose his job. There are a million better ways to handle that situation.

It doesn't excuse the kid's behaviour though. For some reason people thing that because some cops are power hungry jerks that all of them are. Well I am sure some paramedics suck at their job but I still show them respect. I think Hillary is a retard but if she gets into office I will still show her repsect.

Certain people do not need to earn your respect, their position demands it.

DeliciousTacos

Jul 9, 2007
Originally posted by: Duddy
I don't know if they **** or what
Search a wigga down and grabbin his walnuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cuz they slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop

F*** tha police!!!

N.W.A :D

Rickten

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
I think we can all agree that the kid was obviously ignoring the cops orders and then lies saying I didn't hear you. We don't know but lets make it a worse case assumption. However he had stopped skateboarding at which point there was no reason to grab the kid and push him to the ground. Give him a ticket and tell him to leave. Thats it I don't care if your having a bad day or what thats your job. If he refuses to leave then it turns into a different situation or if he puts the board down to skate again different situation. Totally uncalled for and he should lose his job plus assault charges.

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: CasioTech
he didn't mouth off, he's a damn 100lb kid. You don't threaten someone or do that PERIOD. What if that was your kid or younger brother, would it be 'the right thing' then?

Absolutely. That kind of disrespect is unacceptable. You don't mouth off to an adult like that, let alone a police officer.

Seriously, I've had my board taken by cops at LEAST 3 dozen times when I skated. We normally got what we got because some punk ass kid starting mouthing off (sometimes I was one of them). We knew we weren't supposed to be there and if a cop showed up mouthing off or being a smart ass normally led to the consequences.

There are consequences to ones actions, the cop taught these kids that.

you're the kind of skater no other skaters want to hang out with

Venix

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: thepd7

^That's where the conversation should have ended. It should be illegal for cops to escalate an otherwise controlled situation to verbal harassment and violence.

Sadly the cop doesn't know how to deal with retard kids and as such should lose his job. There are a million better ways to handle that situation.

It doesn't excuse the kid's behaviour though. For some reason people thing that because some cops are power hungry jerks that all of them are. Well I am sure some paramedics suck at their job but I still show them respect. I think Hillary is a retard but if she gets into office I will still show her repsect.

In a free society, no position demands respect. A civilized person will be respectful to everyone he encounters, but should never feel compelled to kiss some loser's ass just because the guy wears a badge.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey
Originally posted by: CasioTech
he didn't mouth off, he's a damn 100lb kid. You don't threaten someone or do that PERIOD. What if that was your kid or younger brother, would it be 'the right thing' then?

Absolutely. That kind of disrespect is unacceptable. You don't mouth off to an adult like that, let alone a police officer.

Seriously, I've had my board taken by cops at LEAST 3 dozen times when I skated. We normally got what we got because some punk ass kid starting mouthing off (sometimes I was one of them). We knew we weren't supposed to be there and if a cop showed up mouthing off or being a smart ass normally led to the consequences.

There are consequences to ones actions, the cop taught these kids that.

you're the kind of skater no other skaters want to hang out with

Or anyone else, for that matter. The cop was way out of line, violating that kid's rights. I hope that kid presses assault and harrassment charges and gets that pig fired. What an absolute disgrace to the uniform.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

i disagree.

you need to be courteous to some people (well all. but cops should be top of that list). respect must be earned.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
The kid didn't act intelligently, but he's 14, and the police officer--because of his age and his position of authority--is to be held to a higher standard than an adolescent.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Jeff7
I also wonder what went on before this little video started.
Officer Rivieri was enjoying a bear claw in his emasculating BPD golf cart when the teenager in question rode his skateboard on public property.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
If that was my kid I'd first toss his skateboard in the trash and tell him to stop riding it around on public sidewalks then I'd demand the PD and officer apologize for throwing my kid to the ground.

The kids shouldn't have been boarding there and the cop didn't need to go on a power trip like that. He certainly didn't need to get physical with a scrawny 14 year old with diabetes.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy

i disagree.

you need to be courteous to some people (well all. but cops should be top of that list). respect must be earned.

That's valid. Either way, the kid wasn't being respectful OR courteous. Either one would have caused him to say sir and acknowledge the officer. Like I said the officer is stupid for not knowing how to deal with a punk retarded kid and deserves to lose his job but it would be nice to see a teen with some manners.

<-22, has never called a cop "dude"

boredhokie

May 7, 2005
Seems like modern day enforcement agencies (police, TSA) are just the new Public Works program, I mean what other job would a moron like that be qualified for? At least he didn't tase the kid which I guess is the best you can hope for anymore.