Another pillar of the Republican Party on display: Homophobia

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Support the troops! Never forget! Honor our Vets! ...unless they're Democrats. This is what they do.

Republicans don't consider you a real American unless you agree with their anti-American policies, it makes sense to them in a cosmic sort of way.

I hope this is one more shitty act that blows up in their faces. If a certain song by a gay black guy topping the charts for months is any indication, their efforts here might be counterproductive, even in Texas. Team Treason stays awake at night worrying about Texas turning blue, I suppose it stands to reason everything is on the table for them. They won't spare the horses trying to appeal to the laziest and dumbest of their social authoritarian crowd.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Support the troops! Never forget! Honor our Vets! ...unless they're Democrats. This is what they do.

Republicans don't consider you a real American unless you agree with their anti-American policies, it makes sense to them in a cosmic sort of way.

I hope this is one more shitty act that blows up in their faces. If a certain song by a gay black guy topping the charts for months is any indication, their efforts here might be counterproductive, even in Texas. Team Treason stays awake at night worrying about Texas turning blue, I suppose it stands to reason everything is on the table for them. They won't spare the horses trying to appeal to the laziest and dumbest of their social authoritarian crowd.
It doesn't make sense in a "cosmic sort of way".

They are right-wing authoritarians. They believe what they believe because of who they are: right-wing authoritarians.

We don't have to imagine cosmic enigmas to describe right-wing authoritarians, because the accurate political phrase to describe them already exists.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It doesn't make sense in a "cosmic sort of way".

They are right-wing authoritarians. They believe what they believe because of who they are: right-wing authoritarians.

We don't have to imagine cosmic enigmas to describe right-wing authoritarians, because the accurate political phrase to describe them already exists.

'To them' is what I said, but I get where you are coming from. I'll also point out right wing authoritarians existed before the batshit teaparty and Rusher lovin Freedom Causcus fools showed up. Believe it or not there was a time when republicans understood that Russians were adversaries, not coworkers in an effort to undermine American elections.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
'To them' is what I said, but I get where you are coming from. I'll also point out right wing authoritarians existed before the batshit teaparty and Rusher lovin Freedom Causcus fools showed up. Believe it or not there was a time when republicans understood that Russians were adversaries, not coworkers in an effort to undermine American elections.
Absolutely. When Russians weren't right-wing authoritarians, they were enemies. Now that Russians are also right-wing authoritarians, not so much.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
For a long time, the most vocal homophobes, are actually closet homosexuals, and republican or fundy christian, often both.

Reactions: DarthKyrie