Another PCI + PCI-E Thread

MartinD

Jul 2, 2008
Hey

Newbie to the forum here. I'm wanting to run 1 x pci and 1 x pci-e cards to run 4 screens.

I've got an ATI Radeon X1550 in the PCI-E slot and an nVidia GeForce 6 in the PCI slot.
Doesn't matter what I do, I can't get the nVidia to show anything more than 4bit colour and 640x480 resolution. I've installed, reinstalled, removed and installed the drivers more times that I can remember and searched all over Googleand for answers but I'm getting nowhere.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mart

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
Which OS are you using? Only XP allows for two different drivers.

Edit: I suppose you could just get a splitter (DVI to 2x D-SUB) for your X1550 if it works fine already.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: BlueAcolyte

Edit: I suppose you could just get a splitter (DVI to 2x D-SUB) for your X1550 if it works fine already.

I don't think he wants a 4x clone

MartinD

Jul 2, 2008
Originally posted by: BlueAcolyte

I'm on XP, sorry - should have mentioned that.
And yeah, I want 4 screens for my desktop, not 4 clones :)

Don't laugh - while waiting delivery of the nvidia, I was using a voodoo3 in the pci slot and all was working fine with 3 screens. So I know the motherboard is happy to support pci-e + pci, just doesn't seem to be liking this card it seems!

themisfit610

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2006
Why mix ATi and nVidia cards? That seems like all kinds of bad...

I've run 4 screens at once before using a Radeon 9200 AGP card and a Radeon 9000 PCI card. It worked perfectly fine all 4 over VGA at 1680x1050. No problems at all.

~MiSfit