Another paragon of ethics is under fire

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

This message brought to you by Gaetz TV and by taxpayers like you.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Love this part:
Over the past year, Gaetz spent $28,000 in taxpayer money to an LLC company connected to Darren Beattie, a former White House aide who lost his job after appearing at a convention where white nationalists are known to speak, Gaetz's office told Politico. Gaetz announced his hiring of Beattie as a special adviser for speechwriting in April 2019, but never added him to an official payroll.

maybe he was drunk and doesn't remember or his "son" did it.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
This is classic Gaetz:

“Regarding Beattie's hiring, Gaetz's office said his "contractual arrangement was approved by the necessary House authorities." But "a second review by the Finance Office determined that the services could not be contracted for in exactly that fashion," so they are working to correct the "glorified clerical error," Gaetz's chief of staff said.”

Nothing to see here but a “glorified clerical error.” Just move on by. Keep moving.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This is classic Gaetz:

“Regarding Beattie's hiring, Gaetz's office said his "contractual arrangement was approved by the necessary House authorities." But "a second review by the Finance Office determined that the services could not be contracted for in exactly that fashion," so they are working to correct the "glorified clerical error," Gaetz's chief of staff said.”

Nothing to see here but a “glorified clerical error.” Just move on by. Keep moving.

So he can grift $28,000. Trump has grifted $400,000 out of his campaign. Ohio is looking at something along the lines of $60 MILLION in bribery schemes.

And yet George Floyd had a knee on his neck for 9 and a half minutes and lost his life over a counterfeit $20.

This is exactly why Portland is what it is right now.

Mar 11, 2004
This is classic Gaetz:

Nah, classic Gaetz would be him getting a DUI.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Back in 2016, I thought the Repubs in the legislature at the time was bad enough being corrupt to the core and fervently wishing to raise each and every one of themselves into the realm of wealth held by those very financial benefactors they find themselves beholden to by whoring themselves out to the highest bidders.

And then along comes Trump, the guy who could make all of their dreams come true, well depending on how hard they sucked his ass and let him do what he does best. Trump has been enabling guys like Gaetz from day one by his own example.

So here we are now 2019. Heaven only knows how further deeply entrenched the corruption has become on the Red side of the aisle, knowing it couldn't possibly have gotten shallower under Trump's and McConnell's. One wonders what it's going to take to weed it all out top to bottom.

If Biden wins, putting Warren or Harris in the AG slot would be a good start.

edit - grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: nickqt

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Back in 2016, I thought the Repubs in the legislature at the time was bad enough being corrupt to the core and fervently wishing to raise each and every one of themselves into the realm of wealth held by those very financial benefactors they find themselves beholden to by whoring themselves out to the highest bidders.

And then along comes Trump, the guy who could make all of their dreams come true, well depending on how hard they sucked his ass and let him do what he does best. Trump has been enabling guys like Gaetz from day one by his own example.

So here we are now 2019. Heaven only knows how further deeply entrenched the corruption has become on the Red side of the aisle, knowing it couldn't possibly have gotten shallower under Trump's and McConnell's. One wonders what it's going to take to weed it all out top to bottom.

If Biden wins, putting Warren or Harris in the AG slot would be a good start.

edit - grammar
"So here we are now 2019"...Freudian slip?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
"So here we are now 2019"...Freudian slip?

No, no Freudian slip, it's called "oldage" (pronounced ol-'da-ge) hereabouts, more commonly referred to as "old age". :p

Really though, I'm home from work suffering a back problem I built up over the years from surfing since I was a young'un. Bulging disc that pops out every so often whereby I get some feely good opioid candy from my local CVS confection dispensary. It messes with my head in ways I don't realize until my wifey tells me about it. Onward!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dank69

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
From the webz

I didn't know that about him, and it really makes him being the sole person who voted against that human trafficking bill all the more creepy.

My MiL is from the same town, actually explains a lot.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So he can grift $28,000. Trump has grifted $400,000 out of his campaign. Ohio is looking at something along the lines of $60 MILLION in bribery schemes.

And yet George Floyd had a knee on his neck for 9 and a half minutes and lost his life over a counterfeit $20.

This is exactly why Portland is what it is right now.

Steal a little and they throw you in Prison
Steal a lot and they make you King