Another off the rails presser is happening

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Try watching more of the presser. Explicitly asked and explicitly denounced... again.

Then it would be easy for you to produce quotes where he expressly said "I am against White National Supremacists and will fight against them". I got "both sides" a lot but when people are concerned about specifics and you can't bring yourself to say what is needed? Something is wrong with that person.

Find the quote, not "very fine people both sides to blame" equivalents.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
OK, I think I have the main take-home message... "I might work with Dems if they stop investigating me, but if they don't I will set this nation on fire and watch it burn to the ground".

It's a lot of bravado coming from a man whose close associates are ratting him out to the Special Counsel. Pelosi is smart & patient. She probably won't move against Trump directly until we have more from that quarter. Zinke & other Trump cronies are obviously another matter. I wouldn't expect Nunes, Jordan or others who participated in the fun & games of the last 2 years to escape scrutiny, either.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Can anyone tell me what trump has done with north Korea that no other president has done in the last 70 years?

He said he's done more but I can't think of anything.
He grandstanded for a couple of news cycles and that was it.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
CNN has responded.

Dra4plyX0AIWGXK.jpg

They're not news any more, they're tabloids that feed their audience what they want while they try and make as big of a profit as they can off of sensationalized stories and talking points to get those clicks and views.

Feb 4, 2009
They're not news any more, they're tabloids that feed their audience what they want while they try and make as big of a profit as they can off of sensationalized stories and talking points to get those clicks and views.

So much winning

v4eCIFD.jpg

*Just noticed the woman bottom left looks like how I imagine an aged version of a girl I dated many years ago. Resemblance is shocking.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

You do realize that Trump gets much of his strategy and policy by watching one of these "tabloids" religiously, right? That he has lengthy phone calls with one of that tabloid's show hosts, and even had that same host on stage at a rally?

If you really believe TV news is that bad, then you must condemn virtually everything Trump does.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
You do realize that Trump gets much of his strategy and policy by watching one of these "tabloids" religiously, right? That he has lengthy phone calls with one of that tabloid's show hosts, and even had that same host on stage at a rally?

If you really believe TV news is that bad, then you must condemn virtually everything Trump does.
You do realize who you're replying to?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
OK...I just listened to a few grueling minutes of the Not-so-Great Pumpkin taking questions from the press. This is one of those moments that makes you ask yourself: "Is he on LSD, or am I?

I realize that Trump is an idiot who has no fucking idea what he's talking about isn't exactly breaking news, but he could've just stood there making armpit fart noises and his answers would've made just as much sense.

I'm gonna assume he loves the prospect of two more years of bare-knuckle combat with the Dems in the House. He's bored if there's not a dogfight going on. Actually...Trump likes having somebody he can use as a punching bag. He has no interest in being in a fight with somebody who can hit back. He's just a bully and like most bullies, he lacks what it takes to be a fighter.

If thats the way he wants to be..Time to subpoena your tax returns, scumbag. Let's go directly to Trump's blatant corruption and graft-peddling. He's the most corrupt President we've ever had. Let's get it on record before 2020

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
OK, I think I have the main take-home message... "I might work with Dems if they stop investigating me, but if they don't I will set this nation on fire and watch it burn to the ground".

Yep...his fellow Republicans have no interest in investigating this corrupt liar. The fact that Trump and his followers act like the mild disagreements he has with his fellow Republicans are "major battles" just demonstrates how incapable Trump is of fighting a real battle.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No exactly what was asked. Her statement/question made a "Nationalist" and a "White Supremacist" synonyms of each other which is calling him a White Nationalist. Trump didn't like that because she stereotyped him as a racist because he is white. "One of the only black pressers in the entire press pool" Racist much?

No. Trump is called a racist because he is a racist. This is documented, non-controversial fact throughout the very public history of his life.

It has nothing to do with him being white.

Trump is a racist because he is a fucking racist. End of story.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Well, I guess Stormy was wrong about something: Trump's dick must be unfathomably long to be able to reach wherever your mouth is right now.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hey, I have a naive hope that one day Slow will be caught in a logical trap and finally have no ways to weasel out of his lies.

Uh, that always happens to him. He just doesn't care. It's easy when you have no shame.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Through all this I do think it would be hilarious if at the end of his reign Trump says "I did all this to see how far I could push things off the rails, and to show how broken our politics are, I should have been impeached the first year, but the republicans just kept following my lead - if you were cheering for me, you are the dumb, the uninformed, the sheep"......but sadly, I'm fairly certain he's serious :/

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
While I would agree media is more interested in sensationalism than real news, I'm sorry but a press conference with cameras running where someone is directly asking you a question is your best chance to clear the air and get exactly what the truth out is. People only do what Trump does when he's either 1)lying 2)it's not going his way. He does it consistently. He just wants to shout out his rhetoric and me me me stance and doesn't want to actually deal with real problems while just shutting out any questions that might actually question his stance on something. That's not a leader, and he isn't shutting anyone down. He's just a wannabe CEO (or dictator) who doesn't want to answer or explain himself to anyone.

skooma

Apr 13, 2006
He really does struggle with drinking water. That should be a concern.
Can anyone tell me what trump has done with north Korea that no other president has done in the last 70 years?

He said he's done more but I can't think of anything.
Hmmm. Paid for their hotel stay iirc. Got back 55 remains I think. Many, many people were asking for that. Since the campaign even. Gave them that fab tourism propaganda flick. Made Xi and KJU happy with the cancelling of 'war games'. No missles since they perfected their ICBM, just need the miniaturization. Closed a couple obsolete/redundant sites. Winning...

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
In response to "why don't you let me run the country"m I was expecting:
1) Oh, THAT'S what you think your doing.
2) I apologize my king.
3) About that, when do you plan on starting?

The fact that anyone thinks that Trump's response was appropriate baffles me. It really shows just how absolutely stupid some people are. You can like his politics or his opinions, but he is the least presidential person who has ever been in office. An absolute disgrace and embarrassment to our country. If people can;t see that, they really are the worst that humanity has to offer.

I am looking forward to the shit show we have over the next 2 years.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Sounds like you confusing it with FOX NEWS.