Another motorcycle thread

Megamorph

Nov 25, 2001
Hey guys, I'm 25 and have ridden and raced four-wheelers (LT250R's) all my life; however, I have never ridden anything with two wheels (except some dirt bikes years ago). Anyway, I am about to purchase a new bike (cruiser) and would like to some opinions on what I should get to start out on. I was thinking about a 2003 Honda Sabre, but that may be too much power for someone who is essentially a beginner. Maybe the Shadow VLX? Suggestions?

My dad has an American Ironhorse Slammer, so once I get some experience under my belt I'm more than likely going to get something similar (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I suggest a good Kawasaki. You can get a good bike for around $6,000 and then plan on upgrading in the future. Riding is something that takes a lot of road hours to get right....bikes just don't handle the same way as bicycles... Just be sure that you sit on the bike and have the bars set right for what you find to be comfortable... Some allow you to lean back a little more than others and some will force you to sit up or lean forward. You want to find your comfort zone and pick the bike that allows you to ride all day long without causing excessive fatigue...

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
there are countless motorcycle threads here. Use the search function and educate yourself. Goto the dealer and talk to a salesman about the pros and cons of each bike. Goto different company message boards in seach of information about bikes you might be interested in (like honda.com or gixxer.com).

-=bmacd=-

Oct 9, 1999
if you want a cruiser.. get the Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD... powered by the Ninja500R engine and its decently powerful for beginners to run around.. .nice sweet bike.. i might get one cheap.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Ducati Monster 620

Even if chicks know nothing about bikes, they somehow know it's a Ducati.

:D