Another midseason NBA poll: who will be MVP?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Each guy has a case at it, but with the way the Celtics are going, especially compared to how they were last year, KG has to be the favorite here for being seen as making the turn around for them..

I think if you do the "if you take one guy away which team would suffer the most" equation though, no guy is more "valuable" to his team than Lebron is..

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
Lebron is the most valuable to his team, from what I've seen.

Then again....I'm from Ohio....

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
id like to see kobe finally get one. but dammit if chris paul isnt having a helluva year. still voted kb though.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I'm sick of hearing Kobe is the best player in the nba because he can do everything, but never give him the mvp vote.

Kobe for MVP.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I can't see how the media can deny Kobe this season. He's deserved it more than a few times in the past, but this year more than any other.

If the coaches and players voted for MVP, Kobe would have had a few by now.

nismotigerwvu

Golden Member
May 13, 2004
Chris Paul would get my vote and deserves it more than any other player in the Association, but it will more than likely go either KG, Kobe or Lebron depending on how their respective teams finish the season. Shame really.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
dirk is weak. as much as i hate kobe, he's probably the best candidate right now and playing through his pinkie injury right is what's bets for the team this year. too bad for the lakers if he jacks it up more and it hurts them in the upcoming years.

but i'm a warriors fan, so beat LA!

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Summit
other, allen iverson

ai is my favorite player but he's not going to win it over kobe-bean, a guard in the same conference with better stats and better team record.

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Kobe and here's why.

You remove Kobe from the Lakers and they wouldnt be tied for the best record in the West. The same could be said for Chris paul and lebron but Kobe just takes it to another level. He can carry his team by himself. You seen Lebron falter in the playoff last year and I doubt CP will get any consideration considering the team he's playing for. It'll be between Kobe and Lebron.

As much as I love KG, I think the Celtics are holding it down w/o him.

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: LuckyTaxi
Kobe and here's why.

You remove Kobe from the Lakers and they wouldnt be tied for the best record in the West. The same could be said for Chris paul and lebron but Kobe just takes it to another level. He can carry his team by himself. You seen Lebron falter in the playoff last year and I doubt CP will get any consideration considering the team he's playing for. It'll be between Kobe and Lebron.

Did you even watch the playoffs last year?

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: rpkelly
Kobe and here's why.

Yea actually I did. You notice Lebron couldnt carry his team in the Finals. I think Kobe can, Lebron cant. Lebron needs a "Pippen." Didnt you notice they got like 4 dudes to help him? If you take Kobe out, the Lakers would be nobody. The same could be said for Lebron and I believe he's a great player but I'm going to build my team around Kobe.

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Kobe and here's why.

Yea actually I did. You notice Lebron couldnt carry his team in the Finals. I think Kobe can, Lebron cant. Lebron needs a "Pippen." Didnt you notice they got like 4 dudes to help him? If you take Kobe out, the Lakers would be nobody. The same could be said for Lebron and I believe he's a great player but I'm going to build my team around Kobe.

Honestly, to say Lebron didn't carry the team is asinine. He single handedly carried his team to the Finals. How many times has Kobe carried his team through the finals? I think he had a pretty good surrounding cast when he won his championships... although I'm not trying to argue that Kobe isn't a great player, because he is.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Kobe and here's why.

Honestly, to say Lebron didn't carry the team is asinine. He single handedly carried his team to the Finals. How many times has Kobe carried his team through the finals? I think he had a pretty good surrounding cast when he won his championships... although I'm not trying to argue that Kobe isn't a great player, because he is.

Well to be fair, Lebron carried his team to the finals in the East. He didn't have much to work with though, so that was an accomplishment. The fact that Kobe managed to get a team with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker as starters into the playoffs in the West two years in a row is a frigging miracle.

Onita

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: trmiv

Well to be fair, Lebron carried his team to the finals in the East. He didn't have much to work with though, so that was an accomplishment. The fact that Kobe managed to get a team with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker as starters into the playoffs in the West two years in a row is a frigging miracle.

I'll give him that. I'd argue that he should have won the MVP at least once over the last couple of years. I think it'd be a shame if he won it this year, now that he finally has a supporting cast, and they couldn't give it to him when he single handedly brought the Lakers to the playoffs.

EDIT: And it's really not Most Valuable Player anymore. Its more of the Best Player On The Best Team (BPOTBT), IMO.