Another Mass shooting. This time in Dayton Ohio. One day after the El Paso massacre

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Says the guy aiming to be a russian asset like the lard ass cheeto, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey.
The best you can be is being a useful Idiot.
Are your comrades proud of you StPetersburgSlow?
Seems like someone has a case of the Dotards.

Feb 16, 2005
Beto is trying to argue with Trump for political gain over Trump coming to funerals in El Paso. Trump is the best, his tweet.

Love how Trump calls it like it is.
psst, fuckface von clownstick still owes $500k to the great city of El Paso. I wonder if he has a history of this type of behavior, like his history of assaulting women, stoking hateful rhetoric, and being a racist, fascist cvnt.
But since you're a good little bootlicking racist yourself, I could see why you'd admire that shitbag

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Beto is trying to argue with Trump for political gain over Trump coming to funerals in El Paso. Trump is the best, his tweet.

Love how Trump calls it like it is.

Lol. Trump made it all of about 24 hours before revealing that everything he said about these attacks was a lie.

George Conway is right - Trump is so mentally ill that his narcissism just doesn’t allow him to live up to his own words.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I avoid his links like I avoid stepping in dogshit in the park. Can anyone verify what this fuckwit is claiming?

The gist seems to be that the shooter was a bit disturbed. He did call himself a 'leftist' apparently. Seemed to have major problems with his attitude to women. Which to me seems to be something that unites mass killers of multiple ideological persuasions, whether white-far-right or Islamist or even, as possibly in this case, leftist. Misogyny seems to be a real warning sign.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The gist seems to be that the shooter was a bit disturbed. He did call himself a 'leftist' apparently. Seemed to have major problems with his attitude to women. Which to me seems to be something that unites mass killers of multiple ideological persuasions, whether white-far-right or Islamist or even, as possibly in this case, leftist. Misogyny seems to be a real warning sign.

While it appears to be true that he subscribed to liberal politics at this time that seems to be irrelevant.

Conservatives are desperately trying to make the Dayton attack the liberal equivalent to the El Paso attack and that’s nonsense. Every single person on this planet has personal political opinions. The difference here is in the case of El Paso the killer explicitly stated he acted BECAUSE of his political views. In Dayton (at least as that time) there’s no indication that’s the case.

Reactions: jman19 and Caesar

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
While it appears to be true that he subscribed to liberal politics at this time that seems to be irrelevant.

Conservatives are desperately trying to make the Dayton attack the liberal equivalent to the El Paso attack and that’s nonsense. Every single person on this planet has personal political opinions. The difference here is in the case of El Paso the killer explicitly stated he acted BECAUSE of his political views. In Dayton (at least as that time) there’s no indication that’s the case.
It’s equivalent in the sense that a steady diet of heated echo chamber rhetoric is what fuels these individuals to cross the line towards acts of terrorism and violence. All of these shooters, regardless of political affiliation, share a common set of attributes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s equivalent in the sense that a steady diet of heated echo chamber rhetoric is what fuels these individuals to cross the line towards acts of terrorism and violence. All of these shooters, regardless of political affiliation, share a common set of attributes.

No, it’s not. There’s no evidence that political rhetoric played any part in the Dayton shooter’s actions. That might change as more evidence comes out and if it does I’m open to changing my opinion but at the moment no such motive has been established, unlike with El Paso.

To me, the Dayton guy’s words and actions sound a lot like Eric Harris, for example, and I would not say Harris’ political views had anything to do with Columbine.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

It's not yet apparent that this one was at all ideological. It certainly might turn out to be, as with the guy who shot the Congressmen, but I haven't see any sign of it so far. There's no sign, so far, that that 'echo chamber rhetoric' had anything to do with this one any more than it did with Brenda Spencer. And the common attributes most of them share seem to be misogyny and being a young male (though the aforementioned hater of Mondays shows there are exceptions to all such rules). Also it still seems to me that the availability of firearms remains a factor across all of these events.

Disconcerting irony in the shooter's father's past comments about Sandy Hook, incidentally.

Also wondering if I should for once be crediting the cops for doing a good job. They shot the right guy and did so very quickly.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Let me just make sure I'm on the same page as AT P&N liberals here.

When Bernie boasts, "extremist ideas are now mainstream." Or when Maxine Waters calls for getting in the face of, pushing back, telling Trump supporters they're "not welcome." Or when Kathy Griffin used her platform to hold a severed head that was supposed to be Trump's, just dripping with blood, Johnny Depp hinting about the president being assassinated, AOC claiming growing cauliflower is racism, suggesting just about anything the evil white man does is built from racism, Madonna talking about "blowing up the Whitehouse" to leftist crowds, Snoop Dogg making videos of Trump getting shot up and assassinated, etc. etc.

None of that, none of those prominent lefties calling for or hinting at violence are to blame for the Dayton shooting. But Trump smirking and saying that some of the illegals coming over are rapists and criminals, the blame for the El Paso shooter falls squarely on his shoulders? Amirite?

You liberals are cowards and hypocrites today.

screen_shot_2017-05-30_at_1.47.48_pm_-_h_2017.jpg

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
No, it’s not. There’s no evidence that political rhetoric played any part in the Dayton shooter’s actions. That might change as more evidence comes out and if it does I’m open to changing my opinion but at the moment no such motive has been established, unlike with El Paso.

To me, the Dayton guy’s words and actions sound a lot like Eric Harris, for example, and I would not say Harris’ political views had anything to do with Columbine.
It's not yet apparent that this one was at all ideological. It certainly might turn out to be, as with the guy who shot the Congressmen, but I haven't see any sign of it so far. There's no sign, so far, that that 'echo chamber rhetoric' had anything to do with this one any more than it did with Brenda Spencer. And the common attributes most of them share seem to be misogyny and being a young male (though the aforementioned hater of Mondays shows there are exceptions to all such rules). Also it still seems to me that the availability of firearms remains a factor across all of these events.

Disconcerting irony in the shooter's father's past comments about Sandy Hook, incidentally.

Also wondering if I should for once be crediting the cops for doing a good job. They shot the right guy and did so very quickly.
Have to disagree. These shooters are like a kettle boiling over, the only thing that varies is the source of the flame. The common denominator is easy access to the weapons that greatly increase the lethality for when they do boil over.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

When Bernie boasts, "extremist ideas are now mainstream." Or when Maxine Waters calls for getting in the face of, pushing back, telling Trump supporters they're "not welcome." Or when Kathy Griffin used her platform to hold a severed head that was supposed to be Trump's, just dripping with blood, Johnny Depp hinting about the president being assassinated, AOC claiming growing cauliflower is racism, suggesting just about anything the evil white man does is built from racism, Madonna talking about "blowing up the Whitehouse" to leftist crowds, Snoop Dogg making videos of Trump getting shot up and assassinated, etc. etc.

None of that, none of those prominent lefties calling for or hinting at violence are to blame for the Dayton shooting. But Trump smirking and saying that some of the illegals coming over are rapists and criminals, the blame for the El Paso shooter falls squarely on his shoulders? Amirite?

screen_shot_2017-05-30_at_1.47.48_pm_-_h_2017.jpg

It’s so simple I’m sure even you can understand.

The El Paso shooter left a manifesto describing his motivations that echoes a lot of the same language Trump regularly uses to attack Hispanic immigrants. Therefore it is logical to draw a connection between Trump’s rhetoric and the attack.

The Dayton killer has left no information that the public is aware of as to his motivations, therefore it is not logical to draw a connection between liberal rhetoric and his attack.

This is common sense. You are just desperate to try and find a way to excuse the El Paso attack so you’ll pretend otherwise.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

When Bernie boasts, "extremist ideas are now mainstream." Or when Maxine Waters calls for getting in the face of, pushing back, telling Trump supporters they're "not welcome." Or when Kathy Griffin used her platform to hold a severed head that was supposed to be Trump's, just dripping with blood, Johnny Depp hinting about the president being assassinated, AOC claiming growing cauliflower is racism, colonialism (ok, I added that one just for fun), Madonna talking about "blowing up the Whitehouse" to leftist crowds, Snoop Dogg making videos of Trump getting shot up and assassinated, etc. etc.

Yawn. Where is your evidence that any of this had any connection to Dayton? Did the guy shoot Trump? Did he tell Trump supporters they 'weren't welcome'? Where's the incitement to violence in Bernie Sanders' simple statement of fact?

Also I don't regard Madonna as a 'leftist' rather than a tiresome social-climber and self-promoter. Not impressed with Kathy Griffin either, from what little I've seen of her. That head stunt was stupid.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Have to disagree. These shooters are like a kettle boiling over, the only thing that varies is the source of the flame. The common denominator is easy access to the weapons that greatly increase the lethality for when they do boil over.

By this logic wouldn’t every attack nowadays be politically motivated then? That’s nuts.

Some attacks are politically motivated and some aren’t. Simply being liberal or conservative doesn’t mean every thing you do is because of that.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Do you guys think everything happens in a vacuum? That politics and propaganda can only be considered an influence on one's actions if they leave a manifesto? Some of you lack IQ and EQ.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The common denominator is easy access to the weapons that greatly increase the lethality for when they do boil over.

Well that part's certainly true. I guess the event also shows why the US needs armed police. Then in other instances those armed police add more motivation to the poltiical extremists that then decide they need to have guns. What a vicious circle it is.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So..... NOW they are talking gun laws. Trump is hinting at executive order. Democrats are threatening Moscow Mitch to bring congress back into session. 95 % of American demands action for gun control.
And on and on and on.....
So, how watered down will "any" gun control law(s) need to be to pass in this republican congress?
And with this republican president?
And remember.... the whole time the NRA is breathing down their neck.
We've seen dodging and excuses over true gun reform, but you ain't see nothing yet...
Just wait until republicans start the spinning and end up doing nothing. Nothing at all.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
George Conway is right - Trump is so mentally ill that his narcissism just doesn’t allow him to live up to his own words.

One would have to believe that the words in his prompter speeches were his to begin with, I don't. That's just a WH apparatus forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do. Real Trump comes out in his unprepared remarks + tweets and real Trump is a horrible narcissistic sewage pipe that spews an unrelenting torrent of grievance, cruelty, and selfishness upon us all. Drowning us in his black hole like appetite for attention.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump calls for unity and condemns racism. Simple enough message? But, the tyrannical leftists threw a fit and the fake news media fell in line. Why publish a headline about unity and rejecting hate, the theme of Trump's speech, when leftists can further divide us? Amirite?

Disgusting what liberals have become today.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...-radical-left-democrats-went-absolutely-crazy

Trump was being transparently dishonest in his calls for unity and to know this all you needed to do was compare what he read off a teleprompter to...well... literally everything else he's said about the issue for years. It says a lot about how deranged conservatives have become where they expect the media to simply repeat transparent lies by Trump.

But hey, maybe you're right and this time Trump for once isn't lying and has totally turned over a new leaf and was genuine in his calls for unity and putting partisanship aside. Let's just check in with what he's tweeti-..... okay never mind.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
One would have to believe that the words in his prompter speeches were his to begin with, I don't. That's just a WH apparatus forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do. Real Trump comes out in his unprepared remarks + tweets and real Trump is a horrible narcissistic sewage pipe that spews an unrelenting torrent of grievance, cruelty, and selfishness upon us all. Drowning us in his black hole like appetite for attention.

Yeah I mean if you watched any part of the speech he looked like a hostage out there. Totally unnatural and it's obvious he didn't believe a word of it.

Trump on twitter is his true self, enraged, vindictive, and obsessed with petty grievances.

Reactions: K1052