Another Mass shooting. This time in Dayton Ohio. One day after the El Paso massacre

Jan 25, 2011
White male dressed in all black just began opening fire on the street. Also seeing the same 10 people dead in a few spots now.

Reactions: cliftonite

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
This is just sickening. Is it getting to the point that morning broadcasts on radio and other media need to open each day with a segment for thoughts and prayers for the mass shooting of the previous day? It sure seems like it. Last night I had a talk with my wife and daughter about the possibility of a shooting at their work (retail, big box) and how they now need to be paying attention to where the safe places and exits are in their store. I can't believe that I have to be having this conversation with them but this shit is out of control. People went to WalMart yesterday to work and shop, something people do every day, and they became targets for a racist.

As seen elsewhere, paraphrased:

Innocent Americans are dying every day while waiting for the time that the Second Amendment will be used for the first time in its history to overthrow a tyrant.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Some sick person will see these shootings as a challenge, as they have in the past, and will attempt to best them.

Does anyone have any spare thoughts and prayers they can sprinkle the bodies with?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I mean, at least it's not a school, right? Can't wait for school to start, kids can get back to learning in fear.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
At what point do we start seeing protesters with large posters of gunshot victims with graphic wounds outside of gun shows, shooting ranges and gun stores?? Or perhaps following a few politicians in the NRA’s pocket??

The anti-abortion crowd has been using that tactic for awhile, and they seem to be getting legislation in their favor.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
tree of liberty must have been extremely thirsty yesterday

With all of the feeding it's been getting there should be a freaking forest of Liberty trees by now. America has become a free fire zone, good luck navigating it.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
At what point do we start seeing protesters with large posters of gunshot victims with graphic wounds outside of gun shows, shooting ranges and gun stores?? Or perhaps following a few politicians in the NRA’s pocket??

The anti-abortion crowd has been using that tactic for awhile, and they seem to be getting legislation in their favor.
can't do much worse than the thoughts and prayers bullshit approach they use now

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
^ Ignore The Piece Of Shit ^

Not sure much more can be said at this point. Were we going to go enjoy the day at the Dearborn Homecoming which has been running for decades...

The thought of being down in a bowl (Ford Field in Dearborn (not Detroit))... with 50K people.

My little sidearm can't protect my family down there...

Won't be going.... This is the first time in my life I have let the events in the world affect my plans...

FUCK THIS SHIT ANY LONGER FOLKS...

What's that... 251 mass shootings in 216 days now?

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't like the way the media is processing the shootings.
Having different people from supposedly related areas of knowledge trying to inform the general public on how to survive a mass shooting or how to react or what to look for or what you should do in the event of.
Really?
Why not include the asking of why the hell congress and a president refuse to address this? Isn't it about time for mass protesting nation wide instead of mass shootings? Or targeting from the voting booth members of congress like Mitch McConnell instead of targeting innocent people at a Walmart?
I really wonder just how many of these mass shootings America will tolerate?
And how long Americans will tolerate their leaders doing absolutely nothing to address this?

You can not be home schooled on how to avoid a mass shooter or how to recognize a person about to engage in mass shooting.
When the shots start flying it takes a few seconds to first realize the pops are not simple fireworks. And by then its probably too late.
And it takes a few seconds to go from stunned and shocked to running, screaming, and escaping. That is.... if you even know which way to escape to.
And if you even know from what direction the shots are coming from.
No one goes to a movie or restaurant or large gathering expecting to engage a mass shooter.
Like with Donald Trump suggesting the answer to school shootings is to arm teachers. That doesn't work. And the media with their experts telling people how to react if caught in a mass shooting, that won't work either.

It happens too fast.
And on the shooters side is the element of surprise.
If the shooter knew the element of surprise would not exist then the shooter would never take the risk.
SO you can't teach people how to react to something like a mass shooter because they happen so fast and always unexpectedly. In the end you are either one of the victims or one of the very very lucky.
If we really want to stop this new American pastime and reduce the instances of mass shootings then we must march and protest and vote people out of office.
And finally, we need to force our leaders to enact laws.
In other words..... address this from a different angle altogether.
From am angle congress has never once tried, and refuses to try.

Reactions: Muse

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No milkshakes though? Really dodged a bullet then...err...I mean...it could have been much worse.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
^ Ignore The Piece Of Shit ^

Not sure much more can be said at this point. Were we going to go enjoy the day at the Dearborn Homecoming which has been running for decades...

The thought of being down in a bowl (Ford Field in Dearborn (not Detroit))... with 50K people.

My little sidearm can't protect my family down there...

Won't be going.... This is the first time in my life I have let the events in the world affect my plans...

FUCK THIS SHIT ANY LONGER FOLKS...

What's that... 251 mass shootings in 216 days now?
Scared bitch is now afraid to leave its house.

LoL.

Fucking Trump. Amirite?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Is it now that people realize thoughts and prayers don't work? I mean twice in one day but in actuality this is the 250th and 251st mass shooting in USA just this year.

We still have 4 months to go!