Another [H] vs TeAm Anandtech F@H race: Discussion

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I was contacted by [H]Coleslaw regarding another F@H race between the two teams. Here is the discussion thread in the [H] forum.

@pututu has proposed (see above thread) that the race be a 7 day event starting on the anniversary of the "end of bigadv" which was January 31, 2015. I like this. :) It has the potential of an annual event.

We need feedback on the format.

1) H vs TAAT. This is the easiest to set up since no sign up is required and we simply record the total output of each team. The problem with this format is TAAT output was 2-fold higher than H so it was not competitive.
2) H vs TAAT with manual sign up. This would exclude team members from the stats that don't sign up for the race. This may or may not be more competitive.
3) Mixed team format. This would be a manual sign up event where each team would include members from both H and TAAT. This has the potential of being more competitive IF we had a way to set up balanced teams at the start of the race.

Thoughts?

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
Just my 2 cents, we could do #2, but have a sign up limit. if H get's 15 guy's
we would have to keep our team to 15. Some may have to sit out, Iam not a
hard core F@H guy so I would and I think others would to. It dosnt help the
ppd output, Markfw could equal 5 of there guy's.

Reactions: Ken g6

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
I would probably be in regardless the format.
In order to be "fair" there might have to be handicaps established as in bowling or golf. Or maybe have team captains choose the best x number of players to be on the team....................
No matter what, it will always be hard to make it "fair". Could be fun.
Also, I don't know that a week is long enough.

Reactions: lane42

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
How about manual sign up for us vs total output for [H]?

EDIT: We've got team members who aren't active in the DC forum that are producing 13.4+ million PPD so that would be a handicap for us.

Last edited:

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
How about manual sign up for us vs total output for [H]?

EDIT: We've got team members who aren't active in the DC forum that are producing 13.4+ million PPD so that would be a handicap for us.
I am confused. I just checked again, and I am the only member producing over 13 million ppd (16.4 currently). Second place is Pokey at 6.2 million ppd.

HardOcp's highest user is currently 5.3 million ppd.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I am confused. I just checked again, and I am the only member producing over 13 million ppd (16.4 currently). Second place is Pokey at 6.2 million ppd.

HardOcp's highest user is currently 5.3 million ppd.

Sorry I wasn't clear, if you add them all up, it's a total of 13.4 M ppd.