Another fun AT ad

Feb 4, 2009
I fully support this! Let’s do a complete investigation post election and finally either convict him & her or say there is nothing to charge him & her with.
Put up or shut up deplorable’s. Your boy controls the justice department. I have been waiting nearly four years and NOTHING has happened.
Is the lack of action due to incompetence or there is nothin to charge?
Has to be one or the other

7E3D791C-37D9-4746-B3D3-F6C02544809F.png

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lolwtf.

I get that these websites have no control over the ads that absence shits down people's throats, but it does make you why Google can be so flippant about allowing obvious lies to be propagated on their service.

I remember some years ago there was some nutso anti-abortion ad that popped up at the top of the main forum page with...maybe I'm remembering wrong...but a bloody fetus or some crap.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
lolwtf.

I get that these websites have no control over the ads that absence shits down people's throats, but it does make you why Google can be so flippant about allowing obvious lies to be propagated on their service.

I remember some years ago there was some nutso anti-abortion ad that popped up at the top of the main forum page with...maybe I'm remembering wrong...but a bloody fetus or some crap.

Must have been a food advertisement. Most liberals eat at least one bloody fetus daily. Some even twice daily. It's considered quite a delicacy. Just ask qanon. They know.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
lolwtf.

Not sure Google is doing it? When I watch pihole while refreshing from my phone, anything with the 16:33 time stamp is from AT

I had to login to firefox cuz duckduckgo browser blocks lots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201003-163336.jpg
    Screenshot_20201003-163336.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 16

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Brought it up to the wife, she didn’t get the purpose of the pi but she did see value in controlling ads even if that means occasional other problems.
Going to follow up next month.

Cool, just keep in mind you don't have to point everything at it right away. I just pointed my desktop at it for a bit, then added a second one for redundancy and tested. Then added one network at a time. Baby steps

Feb 4, 2009
Cool, just keep in mind you don't have to point everything at it right away. I just pointed my desktop at it for a bit, then added a second one for redundancy and tested. Then added one network at a time. Baby steps

Yeah I’m thinking of that. Maybe I’ll start with her phone first because she could easily turn off WiFi if ordering something or a pop up that is needed is blocked, then move to the desktop which she barely used, then to to tablet which gets tons of use.
Major fail point would be if she can’t log into zoom or whatever or misses some limited time sale thing because of the filtering. I would at best be shot down for anything network related in the future and at worst I’d be dead.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah I’m thinking of that. Maybe I’ll start with her phone first because she could easily turn off WiFi if ordering something or a pop up that is needed is blocked, then move to the desktop which she barely used, then to to tablet which gets tons of use.
Major fail point would be if she can’t log into zoom or whatever or misses some limited time sale thing because of the filtering. I would at best be shot down for anything network related in the future and at worst I’d be dead.

Lol, I hear ya. Fwiw, I haven't had anything blocked that was needed except one thing for hulu changed this summer. So I had to white list some adobe demdex url to get video to work

Zoom, webex, etc... All work fine. I even point my work laptop at it and haven't had issues. But, get used to the interface and stuff.

Edit: when I said a second one, I meant a second pihole server

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Brought it up to the wife, she didn’t get the purpose of the pi but she did see value in controlling ads even if that means occasional other problems.
Going to follow up next month.
It can be as simple as AdBlock add-on to your browser.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Does it actually work? I had one of those ad blockers and every site was saying I had to disable to view any content.
Not sure that would be a question for either Ch33zw1z or the Networking sub. I believe that at one time Ch33zw1z had similar Ubiquiti gear as me but it sounds like he's upped his game.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Does it actually work? I had one of those ad blockers and every site was saying I had to disable to view any content.

It's works well, but you may run into sites (mostly news sites imxp) that will give you problems. But for most content it works well. Usually the news sites just want you to pay tho, membership and so on..

You can always white list specific domains (or blacklist others) as needed in the GUI.

I run two on ubuntu servers for it. One on a raspberry pi 4 and the other on an old laptop. Both have a static dhcp reservation so their IPs never change. I tested it out with some hyper-v VM's before going for permanent.

I mentioned it earlier, but you can set one up and just point one device at it for DNS and see how you like it.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think when the Democrats take over, as I hope they do, they should seek to pass laws that prevent political harassment based on manufactured criminal suspicions or discourage them somehow by review from legal accrediting institutions. These assholes are beating a dead horse they breathe life into by stoking conservative hatred and raking in the subsequent donations. Perhaps their work should not be allowed to be donor funded with tax deductible dollars.

Feb 4, 2009
Another good one
Why do I only see MAGA shit on AT. I don’t see this crap anywhere else.
Is Biden’s targeting more effective because they know there is a 0% chance I’ll vote Trump, is Trumps targeting better than Biden’s but in this example they should know I have never ordered political shit ever, if I were targeting potential customers I would say effective advertising should repel me.

FFB0C5D6-D5E2-4FD1-BA56-46E133B41195.png

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z