Another "florida man" stands his ground...

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Against a lizard.

Summary:

Florida Man is charged with animal cruelty for kicking an iguana to death.

Florida Man argues that iguana bit his arm first. Asks the court to apply Florida's "stand your ground" protection.

Prosecution says Florida Man repeatedly provoked and taunted the iguana first which is why he got bit.

Court rules against Florida Man, holding that self-defense laws do not apply where the attacker is not human.

I feel that the court was actually wrong as I see no reason self-defense laws should not apply in the case of an animal attacker. However, the fact that he provoked the animal first ought to negate the defense.

And man does this eerily remind me of a slightly more famous Florida case from about 8 years ago. Except the victim wasn't a lizard in that one.

PS: what is it with "Florida men" anyway? Must be something in the water down there...

• Wow
Reactions: pmv and dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Against a lizard.

Summary:

Florida Man argues that iguana bit his arm first. Asks the court to apply Florida's "stand your ground" protection.

Prosecution says Florida Man repeatedly provoked and taunted the iguana first which is why he got bit.

Court rules against Florida Man, holding that self-defense laws do not apply where the attacker is not human.

I feel that the court was actually wrong as I see no reason self-defense laws should not apply in the case of an animal attacker. However, the fact that he provoked the animal first ought to negate the defense.

And man does this eerily remind me of a slightly more famous Florida case from about 8 years ago. Except the victim wasn't a lizard in that one.

PS: what is it with "Florida men" anyway? Must be something in the water down there...
Was the iguana wearing hoodie and eating Skittles?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
A Florida Man takes his ten year old son to go drive by paint ball shooting. One of the targets pulls his real gun and shoots the kid, who then falls out of the car and gets run over by his fathers car

• Wow
Reactions: pmv and Pohemi

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Against a lizard.

Summary:

If you want a laugh play Florida Man(Woman) Roulette.

Go to google and type in Florida Man (or Woman) and a month and a day (Could be your birthday, anniversary, random, etc) and see what you get.

For example I got:

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Fucking hell. People don't like the idea of being Shot. It is certainly not funny to make them think they are....especially in a Nation where Shootings are daily News and you live in fucking Florida where Morons are just itching for an excuse to shoot someone.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
If you want a laugh play Florida Man(Woman) Roulette.

Go to google and type in Florida Man (or Woman) and a month and a day (Could be your birthday, anniversary, random, etc) and see what you get.

For example I got:

Already been a thread on that, did it, and I'm pretty sure I win.

Summary:

- Florida Man is masturbating in his car in the parking lot of a supermarket
- elderly man approaches and asks Florida Man to please stop masturbating in the public parking lot
- Florida Man punches elderly man in face, knocking him down, causing serious injuries, because how dare he infringe on his freedumbs by asking him to stop jacking off in public

Haha. Beat THAT.

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
A Florida Man takes his ten year old son to go drive by paint ball shooting. One of the targets pulls his real gun and shoots the kid, who then falls out of the car and gets run over by his fathers car

Dad is being held on serious charges, what a F-ing numbskull, letting a 10yr old get involved with a "drive by" pintball shooting. How he "lost his balance and got run over by the dad's car" is WTF?, was he grabbing onto the car while on a bike/skateboard?, F-ing retards.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
After reading through the link posted by Blackangst which describes literally hundreds of the most idiotic and bizarre crime anecdotes I've ever seen, I got to wondering about why this is. Then I found this:

Mental Health of America recently ranked Florida 48th nationwide on access to mental health care. It specifically noted that 633,000 Florida adults with mental illness and 116,000 youth with depression had unmet treatment needs.

Which sounds like a good starting hypothesis to explain this strange phenomenon.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Haha. Beat THAT.
I laughed so hard my abdominal muscles got sore...but @Paratus was close if not just as good, in my opinion.

I mean...denying something in your pocket, backpack, purse, vehicle, etc belongs to you is one thing...but how can you claim something inside your ass isn't yours? LOL

Are they Billy Bob's and you're just his personal storage?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I laughed so hard my abdominal muscles got sore...but @Paratus was close if not just as good, in my opinion.

I mean...denying something in your pocket, backpack, purse, vehicle, etc belongs to you is one thing...but how can you claim something inside your ass isn't yours? LOL

Are they Billy Bob's and you're just his personal storage?

Yeah his was funny too. Similar to this one:

or this

There are several recurring themes in "Florida Man" stories. Bizarre/implausible excuses for crimes. Lots of jerking off in public. Walking around without pants in front of kids. Various crimes oddly involving swords.

And yes, several involving taunting or otherwise messing with big toothed reptiles, especially alligators.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Caught red-handed and white-nostriled and still denies it, haha. Yeah, some of the world's dumbest criminals down there, it seems.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

We have lots of those iguanas down here. Some are big, they’re pretty, they’re docile, and they’re pretty much human-shy. Not much to fear there. But they do shit all over the place like geese. And apparently they attract not only flies but also fucking morons.

Reactions: KMFJD

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Dad is being held on serious charges, what a F-ing numbskull, letting a 10yr old get involved with a "drive by" pintball shooting. How he "lost his balance and got run over by the dad's car" is WTF?, was he grabbing onto the car while on a bike/skateboard?, F-ing retards.

What I am gathering ... I sounds like the kid was hanging out the window of the van shooting his paintball gun at these people, and when hit with return fire he fell out the window and landed underneath his fathers vehicle and was run over?

Either way ... No words :mad:

Reactions: BUTCH1