Another extra inning game for the Padres

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Sigh, it's another long extra inning game for the Padres and it looks to be another lose. Hoffman blew the save in the 9th on a Bengie Molina homer and they squeaked out a run in the top of the 13th.

It's getting pretty sad now for the Padres.

edit: They mounted a rally and got a run back, but couldn't get that hit to win with the bases loaded. Oh well.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I guess I will continue this conversation with myself.

Well, the Padres are mounting a mini rally in the bottom of the 13th. I'm not holding out much hope though.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Poor Cain? Poor Maddux!! He was going for his 350th victory!!

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
I'm a Giants fan. ;)

And Matt Cain whenever he pitches, the Giants REFUSE to score runs for him. I believe he pitched a 2 hitter last year, gave up one home run... and lost the game. Sigh.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: freesia39
I'm a Giants fan. ;)

And Matt Cain whenever he pitches, the Giants REFUSE to score runs for him. I believe he pitched a 2 hitter last year, gave up one home run... and lost the game. Sigh.

It's going to be hard to score when Bengie Molina is the slugger. Lincecum is freakin sweet though. He needs to come East so I can watch him more.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
I'm a die hard dodgers fan residing in San Diego. I try to attend games when my Dodgers come to town. I grew up w/ a father who had season tickets to dodger games.
okok long story short, I dislike the Padres very much. Every loss, every heartbreaking loss gives a satisfying smile to my face.

Then again, the Dodgers are off to one really crappy start :( hehe.

K, well, that said.... good luck to all of the fans for hopefully a great MLB season! However, my excitement over the young MLB season has to rest for a bit as I must root for the Lakers and watch the NBA.