Another endorsement for Obama

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
PHILADELPHIA ? Front-runner status brings unexpected headaches, and Sen. Barack Obama continues to show he's not immune.

Mr. Obama's campaign yesterday was forced to reject an unsolicited endorsement by the Islamist terror group Hamas as the candidate worked to reassure leery Jewish voters, and his supporters derided Wednesday's debate as unfair.

http://www.washingtontimes.com.../NATION/334729180/1001

So, is this why Carter went to meet with Hamas? :laugh:
I read that Carter is quietly supporting Obama, without the official endorsement, because they didn't want to piss off Jewish voters when Carter went to meet with Hamas. LOL
Farrakhan, Ayers, Wright, Hamas...a great group of people supporting this guy. :roll:

---

Thanks for trolling.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Farang
Adolf Hitler endorsed Jesus Christ. What the fuck is your point.

You know exactly what the point was. If you didn't, it wouldn't have pissed you off.

BTW Please provide a link to your referenced endorsement.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: Farang
Adolf Hitler endorsed Jesus Christ. What the fuck is your point.

You know exactly what the point was. If you didn't, it wouldn't have pissed you off.

BTW Please provide a link to your referenced endorsement.

You can't hold someone accountable for who endorses them, and that is the only thing you're trying to do with this post. So my question was more of a rhetorical one, you really don't have a point and yes I do know that.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I fail to see the point either. You could go ask a serial killer on death row who he/she endorses for POTUS, but nobody really takes it seriously.

OTOH, if Obama was soliciting Hamas for their endorsement, that would be a different story. But Obama can't control what others say or do.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Obama is going to have a really hard time getting the Jewish vote this fall.

Little things like this will add up over time. And the people who try to dismiss stuff like this tend to forget the petty stuff that kept Gore and Kerry both out of the White House.

Before someone attacks me I should add more...

It is not that Obama asked for their endorsement, it is that they went out of their way to proclaim that they like Obama. Now any Jew who may vote based on racial identity will question voting for Obama because of that. And we already know that the relationship between Jews and blacks isn't exactly the best to begin with. Add to that the fact that Obama's church gave some kind of reward to Farakhan and it all adds up to bad news for Obama when it comes to Jewish voters.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Obama is going to have a really hard time getting the Jewish vote this fall.
And the Hamas endorsement has nothing to do with it. Jews don't like him because he wants to reduce our military presence in the Middle East. Most Americans agree with Obama. The Jews want a heavy US military buffer between Israel and Iran.

Saying that the Jews don't like Obama because of his crazy Reverend or a Hamas endorsement he didn't ask for is really insulting the intelligence of the average Jewish voter.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
In the last 4 elections the Democrat candidate got over 75% of the Jewish vote. Very unlikely we see that happen this time.

According to US News:
four states with significant Jewish populations account for 128 of 270 electoral votes needed to capture the White House: California, New York, Florida, and New Jersey, with Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Ohio in the second tier.

Obama is already losing in Florida and Ohio to McCain.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Obama is already losing in Florida and Ohio to McCain.
I wasn't aware the general election started yet?

Hold your horses buddy. This has been discussed to death.

Wait until we have a head-to-head matchup before you start quoting general election poll numbers as gospel.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
The Obama 'O'rama bandwagon is getting less appealing by the moment even as McCain's starting to shine all the more brighter,

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
How much money does Bush get from the SAUDIS? :roll:

I am sure the Jewish Americans love Saudi Arabia.. Where were all those hijackers born

American politics is such an embarrassment to evolution and human thought

He declined the contribution... right? THEN STFU... right?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
PHILADELPHIA ? Front-runner status brings unexpected headaches, and Sen. Barack Obama continues to show he's not immune.

Mr. Obama's campaign yesterday was forced to reject an unsolicited endorsement by the Islamist terror group Hamas as the candidate worked to reassure leery Jewish voters, and his supporters derided Wednesday's debate as unfair.

I read that Carter is quietly supporting Obama, without the official endorsement, because they didn't want to piss off Jewish voters when Carter went to meet with Hamas. LOL
Farrakhan, Ayers, Wright, Hamas...a great group of people supporting this guy. :roll:

I think you're endorsing Obama too. When idiots like you reach up their ass and throw shit like this, it's a sure sign to the rest of us that our candidate is on the right track.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Very funny to see right wing... Baptists or whatever, discussing who Democratic Party Jews will vote for.

Maybe if Jews don't like the Democrat nominee they can write in.... Romney???

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Heh. remarkable how the foamers and ravers can pull a needle out of a haystack, claim that it's not a haystack, but rather a pile of needles...

Hamas isn't the only endorsement of Obama- far from it-

http://obamaendorsements.blogspot.com/

That's a partial list, I'm sure... Obama also rejected the Hamas endorsement, unlike McCain, who has sought out and accepted equally repugnant endorsements form the other end of the spectrum, like the Rev Hagee....

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

I think you're endorsing Obama too. When idiots like you reach up their ass and throw shit like this, it's a sure sign to the rest of us that our candidate is on the right track.

You're right, I am now endorsing Obama for the Dem nomination. I think that would be the best way to get rid of this douchebag.
If Clinton were to win the nomination now, Obama would become the martyred messiah to his brainwashed minions and we'd, someday, be forced to deal with him again.
When he gets buried in the general election he'll be finished for good.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Must not elect him! Obviously by definition our friend's enemy (since Hamas and US are hardly at odds in a real sense) is stupid and thus their endorsement means that whoever they like is, by extension, a terrible candidate!