Another dirty politician from Louisiana about to get his day in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Jury selection starts in ex-New Orleans mayor's graft trial
http://news.yahoo.com/jury-selection-start-ex-orleans-mayor-39-graft-130514509.html

If he's guilty of what he's charged with, looks like it, hope they throw the book at him.

I always hate it when Cops or politicians get convicted yet the judge gives a lighter sentence for their "years of public service..." yet they were using their authority as a servant of the public to commit their crimes. If anything they should be punished harder.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I am waiting to see what happens to Gov. McDonnelled and Gov. Christie...LOL

But I agree, those in positions of power like police and politicians should be held to a higher standard.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Gov. "Fast Eddie" Ewin Edward = convicted and spent years in prison.
Rep. "Cold Hard Cash In Da Fridge" Jefferson = convicted and is spending years in prison.
Multiple Insurance Commissioners = convicted.

And so on. Corrupted bastards.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Jury selection starts in ex-New Orleans mayor's graft trial
http://news.yahoo.com/jury-selection-start-ex-orleans-mayor-39-graft-130514509.html

If he's guilty of what he's charged with, looks like it, hope they throw the book at him.

I always hate it when Cops or politicians get convicted yet the judge gives a lighter sentence for their "years of public service..." yet they were using their authority as a servant of the public to commit their crimes. If anything they should be punished harder.

Who was the last mayor of New Orleans who wasn't indicted for something?

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Who was the last mayor of New Orleans who wasn't indicted for something?

Nagin is the first mayor in the city's history to be indicted by a grand jury on corruption charges.

Ironically, Nagin, 56, a Democrat, was elected in 2002 largely on the strength of his promise to reform a City Hall that was widely perceived as a den of cronyism under Nagin's predecessor, Marc Morial. His administration began with denunciations of municipal corruption and a crackdown on the beleaguered city's Taxicab Bureau, including arrests of numerous cabbies -- one of them the mayor's cousin -- and the head of that department.

But the taxi cases fizzled for lack of evidence.

Not saying that the others weren't crooks. But Nagin is the first to be prosecuted.

Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.