Another day andother tourist gang raped in india

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Isolated stats mean nothing. How do crime rates there compare with crime rates elsewhere or a per-capita basis?

Don't get me wrong, I personally wouldn't even consider visiting that hell-hole of a place for a myriad of reasons, but isolated headline grabbing news items like this case are not really relevant.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
incredible-india-logo.jpg

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Isolated stats mean nothing. How do crime rates there compare with crime rates elsewhere or a per-capita basis?

Don't get me wrong, I personally wouldn't even consider visiting that hell-hole of a place for a myriad of reasons, but isolated headline grabbing news items like this case are not really relevant.

Problem is they cover up a lot of their reports and will not take many as well. So you can't even begin to compare to many other places.

The reported number is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Problem is they cover up a lot of their reports and will not take many as well. So you can't even begin to compare to many other places.

The reported number is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

I agree, that's very likely the case and it's very difficult to do a good comparison. I'm just saying individual headline grabbing cases themselves don't mean much of anything.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
This is how ATPN goes these days
American posts India topic
We read 20 posts about wiping shit with hands
Indian feels bad and distracts with but look at those Muslims over there
Bunch more stupid posts and then we get back to how the Black community and poor people are wrecking America

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Visit a nation with a recent history of gang rapes. Get raped.

Why is this even news?

If you are dumb enough to play in traffic, expect to get run over.

Oct 30, 2004
Indian police say Danish tourist was gang-raped
http://news.yahoo.com/indian-police-danish-tourist-gang-raped-090648080.html

"Between January and October last year, 1,330 rapes were reported in Delhi and its suburbs, compared with 706 for all of 2012, according to government figures."

When I first saw the thread title, I was tempted to say, "When you go to a third world country, expect that your safety may be compromised." However, it isn't as though crime is unheard of in first world nations. Foreign tourists get mugged and beaten in the United States, too. (Of course, it could be argued that the United States is in the process of transforming itself into a third world nation.)

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
She approached a group of men for directions, but they lured her to a secluded area where they raped her at knife-point, according to the Press Trust of India news agency.

Pro-tip, don't go to a secluded area with a gang of men you don't know. Especially in a 3rd World Country.

And this has nothing to do with women. I seem to remember another tourist in India rape story where some woman was offered a ride in their van by several strange men in the middle of the night. Best case scenario you get raped; worst case you lose several of your organs.

Status
Not open for further replies.