Another Cramer Flipping the Hell out!!

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
The FED is in a catch 22. They either close the doors and the market collapses or they open the gates and inflate to heavenly blue. Oh you wanted "financial types"...oops

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
The FED is in a catch 22. They either close the doors and the market collapses or they open the gates and inflate to heavenly blue. Oh you wanted "financial types"...oops

Because there's no alternative somewhere between the two scenarios...

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

I know its sarcasm. Yes they are hoping that the decreased interest rates will spur growth, but as mentioned in other threads, there may come a time when those rate cuts have no effect. They have little effect now so its only a matter of time before we see them ineffective. In the end, even if in some miracle we avoid massive economic turmoil the inflation caused by the FED will be felt for years to come.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: bbdub333
Another? This is from when he flipped out months ago... this is not new.

Bear Stearns tanking months ago? I don't think so. Bear Stearns was pretty strong then.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

I know its sarcasm. Yes they are hoping that the decreased interest rates will spur growth, but as mentioned in other threads, there may come a time when those rate cuts have no effect. They have little effect now so its only a matter of time before we see them ineffective. In the end, even if in some miracle we avoid massive economic turmoil the inflation caused by the FED will be felt for years to come.

And the alternative wouldn't be felt more, longer?

This is what you guys don't seem to fricking get. The alternative *is* worse than you think it is.

BB is pulling several levers. I agree that rate decreases have had less effects here, thus he's trying stuff like the TSLF. The move I think that will give this market a kick in the pants is the reduction of Freddie and Fannie's capital requirements above regulatory capital. Even the 10% reduction being enacted will give a 200bn liquidity bump to the secondary market, which is massive, and should drop long-term rates significantly.

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007

Bear Stearns tanking months ago? I don't think so. Bear Stearns was pretty strong then.

I'm telling you that this is the exact same video from like August of last year. I'd put good money on that fact. This is not new.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

I'm telling you that this is the exact same video from like August of last year. I'd put good money on that fact. This is not new.

Ah you're right ;) Youtube has the same vid from 7 months ago :p

Shshsh don't tell anyone, its our secret.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

Yeah I just stumbled across it and thought it was funny. Sorry if it's a repost here in P&N :)

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: Arkaign

Yeah I just stumbled across it and thought it was funny. Sorry if it's a repost here in P&N :)

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF A REPOST IT IS! NO IDEA! NONE!

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

HAHAHAHA :laugh: That's exactly the way he talks. Funny shit. I'd actually like to hang out with the guy and see if he's always like that.

Me & Cramer at the McD's drive thru :

Me "We're here, what do you want to order?"

Cramer "I DON'T KNOW!! NOT A CLUE!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!?"

Me "How about a number three?"

Cramer "WHAT ABOUT THE BACON? EXTRA BACON!?!?? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW GOOD BACON IS? DO YOU?!?!?!?"

etc

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007

HAHAHAHA :laugh: That's exactly the way he talks. Funny shit. I'd actually like to hang out with the guy and see if he's always like that.

Me & Cramer at the McD's drive thru :

Me "We're here, what do you want to order?"

Cramer "I DON'T KNOW!! NOT A CLUE!! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!?"

Me "How about a number three?"

Cramer "WHAT ABOUT THE BACON? EXTRA BACON!?!?? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW GOOD BACON IS? DO YOU?!?!?!?"

etc

PULL UP TO THE DISCOUNT WINDOW!

Delita

Jan 12, 2006

Umm this is from months ago...they showed Bear at 100. This is after their 2 hedgefunds collapsed.

Delita

Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Yeah, him last week on Bear Stearns:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b7_1205751955&p=1

The question was if the caller should remove his fund from Stearns that were held in a type of brokerage account, not BSC shares. In that case his money wasn't in any type of trouble. Im not a Cramer fan (never watch him) but I think its unfair to take alot of things out of context.

Edit: Brokerage not savings. Don't know why I said savings. BS isn't a depository institution.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Delita

Umm this is from months ago...they showed Bear at 100. This is after their 2 hedgefunds collapsed.

Umm yeah I figured that out. Read the thread.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002

The question was if the caller should remove his fund from Stearns that were held in a type of brokerage account, not BSC shares. In that case his money wasn't in any type of trouble. Im not a Cramer fan (never watch him) but I think its unfair to take alot of things out of context.

Edit: Brokerage not savings.

People don't watch Cramer for banking advice. They email for stock market investment advice. If Cramer wants to say he interpreted the question as a brokerage account, it sure wasn't clear on his show. When i watch the show, I interpret it as invested in common stock.

Every moron knows their money in a bank is insured. Why would you email Cramer to ask such a basic question. I don't see how it wouldn't be read as someone being invested in common stock.

Delita

Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Codewiz

Edit: Brokerage not savings.

People don't watch Cramer for banking advice. They email for stock market investment advice. If Cramer wants to say he interpreted the question as a brokerage account, it sure wasn't clear on his show. When i watch the show, I interpret it as invested in common stock.

Every moron knows their money in a bank is insured. Why would you email Cramer to ask such a basic question. I don't see how it wouldn't be read as someone being invested in common stock.

It wasn't banking advice...it was a brokerage account. The caller was worried about getting his money back that was held at a BS brokerage account.