Another court sees through the GOP's attempt to push through racist voting changes. North Carolina style

Nov 17, 2019
And now this:

North Carolina Supreme Court Strikes Down GOP-Drawn Redistricting Maps

www.huffpost.com.ico
HuffPost|1 hour ago
A divided North Carolina Supreme Court struck down the state's new maps for congressional and General Assembly seats Friday, declaring that state courts had authority to throw out lines engineered to secure a long-term Republican advantage in an otherwise closely divided state.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Asking ID when boarding a plane? Racist!

We must dismantle this cruel and racist requirement.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Asking ID when boarding a plane? Racist!

We must dismantle this cruel and racist requirement.

Its almost as if they made plane-id impossible for half the population to obtain... and then for D passengers to have a 10 hour boarding procedure and R passengers to cut the line.

Close the windows on this bloody racist man.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Asking ID when the person buying might under 21?

Racist (and cruel)!
Are you telling me you personally cant buy alcohol without showing papers? What kind of backwards sliding country is the US anyway?

10 hour waiting line and not even a national holiday ... so ppl cant afford to vote anyway ... srlsy... you suck.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Are you telling me you personally cant buy alcohol without showing papers? What kind of backwards sliding country is the US anyway?
Yes, very strict alcohol buying laws. ID is most certainly required if there is any hint of suspicion.

I guess this qualifies as cruel and racist towards the underage?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yes, very strict alcohol buying laws. ID is most certainly required if there is any hint of suspicion.

what right they being unfairly denied? protip - you do no have a right to buy alcohol.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Are you high right now?

No .. it is "cruel and racist" to those ABOVE age, still in suspicion range, without an easy path to obtain said ID.

All you have to do is to roll out ID's to everyone at the same time implementing these laws ... and everyone is good with it I am sure.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
what right they being unfairly denied? protip - you do no have a right to buy alcohol.
With how strict some of these ID laws are and how they are increasing alcohol/tobacco minimum age limits, they are being denied the right to drink and smoke (not serious). But alcohol and tobacco are heavily regulated products. The establishments that sell them often have to jump through many hoops to show that they are serious about checking ID. The businesses that are selling the products know how serious government takes checking ID.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
With how strict some of these ID laws are and how they are increasing alcohol/tobacco minimum age limits, they are being denied the right to drink and smoke (not serious). But alcohol and tobacco are heavily regulated products. The establishments that sell them often have to jump through many hoops to show that they are serious about checking ID.

Also, if you're a black person getting someone else to buy alcohol for you, net you 8 years in prison? While the same offence for a white dude gives you probation?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Also, if you're a black person getting someone else to buy alcohol for you, net you 8 years in prison? While the same offence for a white dude gives you probation?
Why would that happen? This is plain ridiculous. Tell me more about this.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Yet you were able to buy alcohol so clearly the criteria were invalid.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why would that happen? This is plain ridiculous. Tell me more about this.

well

This "papers please" have never really worked super well for black folk in the land of the free, now has it?
Even the playing field... then talk about papers... Otherwise as Mitch The Bitch called it when D's talked about making election day a national holiday :

"ITS A POWER GRAB".

Cant have people voting can we, specially not black folk.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
well

Ah ok, MSNBC and Rachel Maddow. I'm sure these things happen, but to claim that it is the norm, that is a bit much. Don't you think?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ah ok, MSNBC and Rachel Maddow. I'm sure these things happen, but to claim that it is the norm, that is a bit much. Don't you think?
Nope? Shit is skewing right/white, whatever you wanna call it, in a NOT insignificant way.
Also, updated the post you responded to.