Another casualty in the war on Obama

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think what Gonad is trying to say with this whole thread is that Democrats are such zombies, such lemmings, such mindless drones, that they can't help but be swayed by anything they hear on FOX News.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I have seen the results of a submarine battery explosion. Pretty devistating. Of course, the Volt battery does not have anything even remotely close to the power of the lead acid battery in a submarine.

But still, mighty impressive.
Yeah, a hydrogen explosion in a very large bank can be pretty catastrophic.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I think what Gonad is trying to say with this whole thread is that Democrats are such zombies, such lemmings, such mindless drones, that they can't help but be swayed by anything they hear on FOX News.
:D +1

He's a typical leftie - he can't be bothered to buy the turkey with his money, but he feels justified in condemning everyone else for not buying one with their money.

Oct 16, 1999
:D +1

He's a typical leftie - he can't be bothered to buy the turkey with his money, but he feels justified in condemning everyone else for not buying one with their money.

This whole issue is primarily about how the right has unfairly attacked this car for its connection to Obama and less so about how that probably effected the car selling. I don't know how to explain it any more plainly than that. Of course it shouldn't surprise me you folks either don't get it, don't care, or are still piling it on just because there are lefties to be attacked, which is exactly what got us here in the first place.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, you've explained it quite plainly. You're a crybaby, and the reason nobody is buying the Volt is because Democrats are stupid people who can't think for themselves.

Politics is nothing but attacks, wtf do you expect?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
This whole issue is primarily about how the right has unfairly attacked this car for its connection to Obama and less so about how that probably effected the car selling.

This is the point you have yet to even attempt to support. Right wingers would not buy the car because it is a horrible value for the money. Normally, left wingers run out and do the opposite of what FoxNews says to do in an attempt to "stick it to them", but in this case, THEY did not even do it. Even with Obama's blessing and hopes riding on the car, the left wing could not be moved to buy it.

If you want us to believe your point is valid, you have to do more than say "cause I say so".

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Especially when it was a Democratic President who backed these industries.

Funny...it was a Republican president who implemented the tax break for buying the Volt...and it was Bob Lutz who championed the Volt...a fairly well known climate change skeptic and a conservative.

*shakes head*

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
This whole issue is primarily about how the right has unfairly attacked this car for its connection to Obama and less so about how that probably effected the car selling. I don't know how to explain it any more plainly than that. Of course it shouldn't surprise me you folks either don't get it, don't care, or are still piling it on just because there are lefties to be attacked, which is exactly what got us here in the first place.

If you honestly think there is a double digit percentage of people who seriously consider what their political party thinks of the car theyre considering buying, you seriously live in a fantasy world.

Seriously.

Oct 16, 1999
Funny...it was a Republican president who implemented the tax break for buying the Volt...and it was Bob Lutz who championed the Volt...a fairly well known climate change skeptic and a conservative.

*shakes head*

Yet "exploding Bushmobile" didn't grace Fox's airwaves. And speaking of Lutz:

I Give Up On Correcting The Wrong-Headed Right Over The Volt

I’ve expended a lot of effort trying to point out the truth about the Chevy Volt fires, knowing I might not reach a broad audience but might get the chief disseminators of misinformation (Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, et al) to say “Wow! I guess I didn’t realize that no Volt, (other than ones deliberately destroyed), ever showed as much as a wisp of smoke! I guess I had better retune my rhetoric!”

Such were the musings of my politically naive brain, especially since I knew O’Reilly has seen my writing because “his people” talked to me.

What happened, instead, was more cruel disappointment: In his nationally syndicated column Saturday, the intellectually gifted and highly respected Charles Krauthammer, my hero-figure on the Right, joined the rest of the prevaricators. The topic was Obama’s failed energy policy, and the litany of drilling bans and incomprehensible failure to approve the eminently useful Keystone Pipeline. So far, so good.

But, just as I was savoring Krauthammer’s prose, I see … WHAT!? … the Volt cited as yet another example of Obama’s misguided, interventionist energy policy. To make matters worse, Krauthammer could not resist attaching the adjective “flammable” to the Volt.

Now, Krauthammer is a smart, highly educated and well-informed individual. I have to assume he knows the truth. The fact that he persists in the myth of Volt combustibility and Obama-conception of the vehicle cannot be in error.

I am, sadly, coming to the conclusion that all the icons of conservatism are (shock, horror!) deliberately not telling the truth!

This saddens me, because, to this writer, conservatism IS fundamental truth. It only damages its inherent credibility with momentarily convenient fiction.

So, Mr. Krauthammer joins the list of right-wing pundits I no longer take seriously. After all, how do I know they’re telling the truth when the subject is one I’m not as familiar with as the Volt?

That does leave everyone’s trusted favorite, though. The disarmingly modest, low-key, warm, fuzzy, dependable, kind of your favorite uncle when you were growing up … the Reverend Huckabee! He wouldn’t unjustly attack the most celebrated example of American engineering of the last 30 years — or would he?

The other night on Fox, he, too, had his way with the Volt!

So who am I going to believe now? Good question!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/boblutz...recting-the-wrong-headed-right-over-the-volt/
Oh how I feel his pain.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You still have yet to show any support at all for why the left wingers did not buy this car in droves?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
If you honestly think there is a double digit percentage of people who seriously consider what their political party thinks of the car theyre considering buying, you seriously live in a fantasy world.

Seriously.

^^This^^

Fern