ANOTHER bad guy with a gun story

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
Seeing reports he was a former Marine.

more disturbingly, i'm also seeing reports that many of the people in the bar had survived the Las Vegas shooting...

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Two former military mass shootings in a year with very high casualties. Very problematic if you ask me .

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Oh thank god. The shooter has been identified as Ian David Long. I was worried we would have to do something but... mental health. Move along.

Too bad he couldn't wait until Tuesday, He could have been thanked for his service on Monday.
Now everyone will have to wait until memorial day.

Has anyone verified his position on the color wheel?
While my bots now automatically issue Thoughts and Prayers, I have a beta project that will issue comments based on shooters position on color wheel. Right now I have a ton of content done on Domestic Caucasian terrorists. I'm a little light on brown people terror.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Nothing to see here folks. When we start getting mass shootings every 3 days then we can start taking about guns.

Move along.

This was the 307th mass shooting on this the 311th day of the year. We are well past the 'one every 3 day' mark.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Two former military mass shootings in a year with very high casualties. Very problematic if you ask me .

America has a militaristic culture and we have a big military.
Statistically, we are going to see a % of mass shootings by veterans no matter what
2 incidents is a drop in the bucket.

Mass shootings is an American institution now.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Something something sensible gun control, something something common sense gun laws.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

Take an 18 year old, train them to kill. Ask them to kill. Being killed yourself is part of the job. Then don't give them the tools to cope with those burdens. What could possibly go wrong?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Boooring as usual. Nothing we could possibly do to prevent this, except for more guns, obviously. Honestly, why do we bother reporting business as usual anymore?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Shouldn't this be labeled as an act of domestic terrorism?

If it was done for political purposes then it depends on the specifics. The MAGAbomber would be a proper example and can be prosecuted.

If not then people may have suffered from the emotion of terror but terror alone isn't an act of domestic terrorism. I can produce the legal definition if you don't believe me. It's in the Patriot Act.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
This thread delivers. More of the same from our resident Progressheviks in regards to using deaths as an opportunity to ridicule others in no way involved.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This thread delivers. More of the same from our resident Progressheviks in regards to using deaths as an opportunity to ridicule others in no way involved.
I have no problem ridiculing the White House when the only time they get concerned about mass shootings when its an undocumented immigrant or a Muslim

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm still freaked out about the guy that shot up a yoga studio because he hated women.

There is something extremely wrong with American society, and it's a problem that is enabled and ratified by a large segment of our population, and especially our current ruling elite.

It's gotten so bad they don't even spout the thoughts and prayers crap anymore.

Jan 25, 2011
I'm still freaked out about the guy that shot up a yoga studio because he hated women.

There is something extremely wrong with American society, and it's a problem that is enabled and ratified by a large segment of our population, and especially our current ruling elite.

It's gotten so bad they don't even spout the thoughts and prayers crap anymore.
Yup. Everyone else is responsible for every bad thing that happens to me. No one takes the time to reflect and realize "Hey, maybe I'm just a fucking asshole." Nope everything is now someone elses fault and they have to pay.

Reactions: Feneant2

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
Doesn't works with states with just about zero gun control along on the borders, but you knew that, you just wanted to troll?

it was reported he purchased the firearm in california

try again

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yup. Everyone else is responsible for every bad thing that happens to me. No one takes the time to reflect and realize "Hey, maybe I'm just a fucking asshole." Nope everything is now someone elses fault and they have to pay.

Unfortunately the internet has given people like this "support groups" where support comes in the way of a feedback chamber of similar toxicity. Amplify, distort, weaponize. Bad things happen.