Another AMD leaked slide shows upcoming BARTS is based on Radeon 5xxx architecture...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Seero

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
It's a figure of speech? Meaning you're looking at a small trend and trying to show something bigger.

I have no idea what you're thinking most of the time.
Ok, what is the "something bigger" are you talking about?

It is even more ignorant to look at one blip and claim trend. It is more accurate to say the 460 is priced very well for its performance and should take its relative share of the segment.
There is only one flicking month of data from 460 so I can say whatever theory I want but that isn't the point. However, with the price drop it is likely that the growth of sales will increase...

Seero

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Duh the bold in the original quote that I quoted you in my post. Jeez
So, when I say:
... However, based on the monthly difference of a specific card/series, I do have a good indication of whether a series is doing well or not...
I am actually making a mountain out of mole hill.

And when you say:
...I have no doubt the 460 will be the best selling card of nVidia's current lineup...
It is a perfectly logical induction from solid data.

I ... I don't get it.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
I am actually making a mountain out of mole hill.

Yes. Emphasizing early deltas and relative changes on small numbers is usually not enough to declare a trend.

We all know the trend is there, you are right in all your other reasoning; however, the methodology of showing large changes in small numbers should not be the driving force behind it, even when it agrees with it.

Last edited:

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
The first paragraph of http://www.anandtech.com/show/2549

G80 = the first generation of the GT architecture.
G92 = the second generation of the GT architecture.
Each of them has a family and also belongs to the GT achitecture family.

Fermi architecture
GF100 = the first generation of GF architecture
GF104/106/108 = the second generation of GF architecture

Again, i don't see the constructive reasoning on picking the use of the word "generation", and to defend myself may lead to more nonconstructive argument. I will stop here on this particular matter.

so, um, yeah, does that mean 5870 is 2nd gen 5 series b/c it has a different number than 5770 and launched later? man, those gpu companies are tricky! :ninja:

Seero

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Yes. Emphasizing early deltas and relative changes on small numbers is usually not enough to declare a trend.

We all know the trend is there, you are right in all your other reasoning; however, the methodology of showing large changes in small numbers should not be the driving force behind it, even when it agrees with it.

.. Again, we DO NOT have any factual information about sales, demand, supply etc and have no way to know how well any card, including the 460, is selling.
back to square one.