another 2500 o/c question

badaphooko

Dec 9, 2003
hey guys i have raised the fbs to 200 on this mb and i am running at 3200 speeds, but i would like to squeeze a bit more out of it if i could. unfortunaly my cpu is locked so i cant change the multiplier. but i can change the voltage and up the fsb. what would you suggest i do first my spec are down below..

WobbleWobble

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
I would run Prime95 to test the stability of your CPU then bump your FSB higher if you're all good.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: BlueWeasel
Originally posted by: Sid59
your memory has LEDS?

LOL!

Sid...stay focused! =)

cannot .. who doesn't love LEDs?

as for on topic ..

im sure with a good hsf, you are stable at 200 .. but prime95. 12+ hours should be good. doubt you'll have any encoding or intense game play that last 12 HOURS straight.

if that passes at 200 .. then bump to 210 .. if it fails fast .. drop it down.

dnuggett

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
im sure with a good hsf, you are stable at 200 .. but prime95. 12+ hours should be good. doubt you'll have any encoding or intense game play that last 12 HOURS straight.

No but a DC project would. ;) Speaking of which if you get that OC working well Seti or F@H could really use you.

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Bada, the normal or "accepted" way to get to higher fsb is to start with bumping the cpu voltage (vcore, it's called) a bit higher, once it isn't stable at the voltage you have it at now. If it passes Prime95 at the speed you're going to leave it at, you're good to go. Although, these Bartons don't seem to go much higher with more voltage, unless you're willing to try a vcore that might destroy the thing in minutes, like 2.0v.
rolleye.gif