Anno 2070 is fun

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Been playing this a lot. Last night I played for 3 hours straight I was like at the 2 hour point and i said, I'll just finish this one thing. 10 minutes later I'm man, I need to quit, but let me do this first. an hour passes and I'm still playing...

highly recommended for real time city building style of game.

Still some stuff I haven't figured out though that's kind of annoying me. For instance, when I create a trade route between 2 of my islands it says something like its not optimal or something. I don't understand why.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Good to hear!

I bought it a while ago when it finally went on sale on Steam. Havent played it yet though.... I guess I am just waiting to get in the right mood to play it.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Good to hear!

I bought it a while ago when it finally went on sale on Steam. Havent played it yet though.... I guess I am just waiting to get in the right mood to play it.

Make sure you're in a great mood and don't plan any upgrades after installing because you'll lose and installation if you upgrade something, and you can't deauthorize them.

AVP

Jan 19, 2005
Make sure you're in a great mood and don't plan any upgrades after installing because you'll lose and installation if you upgrade something, and you can't deauthorize them.

I see, so I guess I won't be buying it. Oh well, thanks.

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
I picked it up the latest sale.. fun game, but I was a bit pissed that it required to make a Ubisoft login to play the damn thing.. even though I selected to play offline. My login is pretty much an obscene name against Ubisoft.. I was in one of those types of moods when I registered. pirating is easier than dealing with the extra hoops of these extra protection methods.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
creating an account is such huge hassle man. i had to spend 2 minutes out of my day to enter some text into a computer. damn, my life is hard!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I picked it up the latest sale.. fun game, but I was a bit pissed that it required to make a Ubisoft login to play the damn thing.. even though I selected to play offline. My login is pretty much an obscene name against Ubisoft.. I was in one of those types of moods when I registered. pirating is easier than dealing with the extra hoops of these extra protection methods.

Then buy a legal copy and play a pirated one.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I like it. I think I prefer 1404, but 2070 is still a fun game. They are huge time sinks though, that's for sure.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I'll give this game a try when I see it on sale even though I strongly dislike Ubisoft. The new Rayman's one of the best games I've ever played. I don't care how much I hate a company, if a game's that good I'll buy it regardless.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I really like it. I picked it up from someone during the last Steam sale for $20 for the deluxe edition. I hate Ubisoft, but at least this game doesn't have always on net crap and I'm such a whore for Anno games and wanted to support the game still, sigh.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with downloading a cracked version of a game you bought. They got your money, they can cry all they want.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I don't see anything wrong with downloading a cracked version of a game you bought. They got your money, they can cry all they want.

I do, if you give them your money you're just encouraging them to keep using their crappy DRM. If you pirate you give them a reason to cry foul, and try to implement even more draconian DRM.

I'd say the best course of action is to smash Ubi's CEO's car with a bat, then take some pictures of his daughter at the playground and mail them to him, asking to stop with the DRM.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Maybe I should give this series another try. I was so bummed by 1702 that it fell off of my radar.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Are you suggesting he supports a DRM scheme he dislikes + breaks the law by pirating the game? tsk tsk

No, I'm suggesting he support a *game* if he wants to play it, and if was going to pirate it ti avoid DRM, then buy a copy. Want to protest DRM? Don't play it.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
I'd say the best course of action is to smash Ubi's CEO's car with a bat, then take some pictures of his daughter at the playground and mail them to him, asking to stop with the DRM.

what is wrong with you? there are very weird people in this world who might decide to go along with the course of action you suggested. Keep such ideas to yourself please.

And the game is beautiful and addicting. Too bad Ubisoft's DRm has to spoil all the fun. Its unbelievably putting off knowing that if i had pirated this, i wouldve had less trouble playing the game. That is a big slap in the face of a company IMO. Ubisoft has been doing this for far too long and i really think they are gonna be the next EA if not already. I believe there are a lot of players out here who knwo that certain Ubisoft games are good but wont buy thanks to their dragonian DRM. i think that is the way to go. Complete refusal to buy a good game would make them realise what a travesty DRM is.

Also, a little news update. Simcity 5 is going to implement an "all-time online" system as well. F**k you EA and UBISOFT, the EVIL of our times.

MrDuma

Nov 23, 2011
although i am fan of more "old" building management style i like the approach they tried to make on this release. keep it coming!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
what is wrong with you? there are very weird people in this world who might decide to go along with the course of action you suggested. Keep such ideas to yourself please.

And the game is beautiful and addicting. Too bad Ubisoft's DRm has to spoil all the fun. Its unbelievably putting off knowing that if i had pirated this, i wouldve had less trouble playing the game. That is a big slap in the face of a company IMO. Ubisoft has been doing this for far too long and i really think they are gonna be the next EA if not already. I believe there are a lot of players out here who knwo that certain Ubisoft games are good but wont buy thanks to their dragonian DRM. i think that is the way to go. Complete refusal to buy a good game would make them realise what a travesty DRM is.

Also, a little news update. Simcity 5 is going to implement an "all-time online" system as well. F**k you EA and UBISOFT, the EVIL of our times.

no trouble here with Ubi's DRM through Settler's 7, Splinter cell Conviction or Anno 2070.

Not a single problem so far. I get why people don't like it, but it has yet to cause me a problem over 3 games.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
"Upgraded your GPU? That will be $60 please." It doesn't matter whether the DRM is causing problems or not anymore. It's the principle of it. Until Ubisoft strips DRM from their Steam games, I will not be playing them, let alone paying for them.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
no trouble here with Ubi's DRM through Settler's 7, Splinter cell Conviction or Anno 2070.

Not a single problem so far. I get why people don't like it, but it has yet to cause me a problem over 3 games.

Hey guys, pontifex here has never had a problem with ubi's drm so it's ok to stop with the hate, and let's all go and buy a bunch of ubisoft games to celebrate!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Hey guys, pontifex here has never had a problem with ubi's drm so it's ok to stop with the hate, and let's all go and buy a bunch of ubisoft games to celebrate!

i said i understand why you don't like them on the principle, but i've never had a problem with it.

do whatever you want. i never said you had to do anything.