Anniversary gift ideas... for my parents...

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
My parent's anniversary is coming up and i'm at a total loss now as to what to get them... i need romantic ideas to try to make up for my dad's lack of 'creativity' which I am also now lacking :)... what do you guys think?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
My parent's anniversary is coming up and i'm at a total loss now as to what to get them... i need romantic ideas to try to make up for my dad's lack of 'creativity' which I am also now lacking ... what do you guys think?
Can't go wrong with the Anal Intruder 7000......it's the gift that keeps on giving.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
hmmm...I've never given my parents anything for their anniversary. I always figured it was their responsibility to get something for each other?

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: shinerburke
My parent's anniversary is coming up and i'm at a total loss now as to what to get them... i need romantic ideas to try to make up for my dad's lack of 'creativity' which I am also now lacking ... what do you guys think?
Can't go wrong with the Anal Intruder 7000......it's the gift that keeps on giving.

hahaha
damn almost got in trouble for laughing out loud at work :D

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Originally posted by: shinerburke

hahaha
damn almost got in trouble for laughing out loud at work :D

I did too ;). Seriously though how much do you have to spend? I would think a nice medium bottle of Champagne or wine, although thats something Id expect you dad to get.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Which anniversary is it? Is it a major milestone? (e.g. - 20 years?, 25 years?) If so, consider purchasing them plane tickets to some location that they've always wanted to visit. Or, at least pay for half of the plane fares - depending on the price. I'm sure they'll be happy with your interest in their anniversary and take over for the rest of the arrangements from where you left off.

If the anniversary is less and a major milestone, but still significant, you might want to consider getting them a one or two night package at a bed and breakfast which could be one or two hours away from where they live. I'm sure they'd enjoy getting away and relaxing.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: wje
Which anniversary is it? Is it a major milestone? (e.g. - 20 years?, 25 years?) If so, consider purchasing them plane tickets to some location that they've always wanted to visit. Or, at least pay for half of the plane fares - depending on the price. I'm sure they'll be happy with your interest in their anniversary and take over for the rest of the arrangements from where you left off.

If the anniversary is less and a major milestone, but still significant, you might want to consider getting them a one or two night package at a bed and breakfast which could be one or two hours away from where they live. I'm sure they'd enjoy getting away and relaxing.
I'm with wje on this one. The best option is getting them the hell out of your life, even if it is for just a weekend. :)

-PAB

ASK THE COMMUNITY