Anne Heche has died

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Self-negligence.

Probably joining hell's booze party, and Dwayne Haskins is the host.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
"Your ass is too narrow and your tits are too small." -Harrison Ford, probably

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
For as fucked up as she was, seems like a perfectly fine punishment for driving in that condition.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The article at CNN says she is brain dead but on life support for the purpose of organ donation, so something good will come from this tragedy.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
She was a very talented actress, but her decisions that day were absolutely indefensible.

I know she totaled someone's house, but it's absolutely amazing she didn't kill someone(s) that day the based on the video clips of her driving. It could have easily been just as bad as the recent California involving the nurse blowing through the red light.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I loved her in Another World decades ago. It's a shame she went out like this.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Maybe she was reincarnated into a seagul?

Don't know. I'll have to refere to the ancient Buddhist text. :)

seagull-header.jpg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I wasn't a fan and thought her acting was so so at the best and for her to agree to do the remake of Hitchcock's PSYCHO was not her best career decision. But the one movie I did appreciate her acting was the 2004 movie BIRTH with Nicole Kidman.
It's funny. You'd think achieving fame and fortune would be enough, something you'd take seriously and with caution, but so many actors and celebrities hit the big time then go straight for the drugs.
I still just can not believe we lost Amy Winehouse to drugs. That voice....

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
You'd think achieving fame and fortune would be enough, something you'd take seriously and with caution, but so many actors and celebrities hit the big time then go straight for the drugs.

The problem boils down to incentives: get famous, make money, don't have to work. No driving requirement to get up every day & contribute to the work for financial gain to support yourself. Get bored. Stay up late. Start going to parties. Drink & drug yourself to death. It's pretty common because it's hard to escape human nature. Wikipedia has a huge list of famous people who have gone out that way:

I think there's an additional layer of difficulty if you're an actor, because most people have a finite shelf life of silver-screen usability based on your age & looks. iirc it was after Robert Redford got famous, they were interviewing him about how it felt to be rich and he thought about it and said well, I just don't have to worry about money anymore. So with money out of the way, it's easy to fall into the cycle of needing fame & attention. If your self-worth is tied to that & Hollywood no longer values your acting services as much as you get older, what then? How do you cope? Especially if you have millions of dollars at your disposal?

I suspect a large part of the way the world is setup the way it is is to prevent us from getting into further trouble by keeping us busy lol. Like, the Star Trek future would never work, where we have replicators & people only work if they want to, because we'd probably all just be addicts of one form or another who stay up into the wee hours of the night because we have no incentives driving us to action. I thought the Depressed Thor character they did in the Avengers was pretty accurate, having gone through that phase myself (several times, lol).

It sounds like this lady was going through some stuff. RIP.

1660479324752.png

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I wasn't a fan and thought her acting was so so at the best and for her to agree to do the remake of Hitchcock's PSYCHO was not her best career decision. But the one movie I did appreciate her acting was the 2004 movie BIRTH with Nicole Kidman.
It's funny. You'd think achieving fame and fortune would be enough, something you'd take seriously and with caution, but so many actors and celebrities hit the big time then go straight for the drugs.
I still just can not believe we lost Amy Winehouse to drugs. That voice....

Have to say I don't think I've ever seen anything she's been in, so was barely aware of her, apart from her name being familiar from her having been in a relationship with DeGeneres.

But I think if you look at her personal history I don't think you can really say this was a case of "hit the big time then go straight for the drugs". She had a pretty rough start in life, from the accounts I've seen. Perhaps not surprising she had mental health issues, and then drug problems.

Reactions: nakedfrog

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
If you find the local fox News helicopter video of the crash... the moment they pull her out and she flings herself up on the stretcher as she screams into consciousness is fucking haunting.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
don't drink & snort coke & snort fentanyl and drive, to be exact.
They are pretty sure the fentanyl is from treatment at the scene. I thought I heard she didn't have alcohol in her system, only coke? And coke can be detected up to 3 days after last use?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
They are pretty sure the fentanyl is from treatment at the scene. I thought I heard she didn't have alcohol in her system, only coke? And coke can be detected up to 3 days after last use?
could be, and, we'll never know. However, the accident itself is consistent with extreme intoxication. I am not trying to say "BAD PERSON BECAUSE DRUGS", but you don't drive like that just because you took drugs.