Ann Curry's Full Interview w/the Dalai Lama

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
http://arkangel1a.blogspot.com...erview-wthe-dalai.html

NBC Nightly News showed a short portion of this interview tonight. Apparently the Dalai Lama loves China, doesn't want Tibet to separate from China, and has nothing to do with the Tibet riots, or people going ape shit during the London, Paris, and to a less degree, the San Francisco Olympic torch runs. Interesting...

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I hope the Tibetans find a better leader than Dalai Lama to spearhead their political effort. They need to get their exile government out of India and find someplace in the west.

Can you believe that Tibetans in India are not allowed to engage in activities against china?

Some fucking exile government that! :disgust:

So I'll repeat it again, the Tibetans need a better political leader than Dalai Lama. His Holiness can stick to spirituality and Hollywood.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Qianglong
You believe what a former slave master is saying?

He's consistently said that he wants Tibet to be autonomous, not independent.

Enough with the slave master BS. If you love China so much, why don't you move there and enjoy your filtered Google searches?

Chinadefender

Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Braznor
I hope the Tibetans find a better leader than Dalai Lama to spearhead their political effort. They need to get their exile government out of India and find someplace in the west.

Can you believe that Tibetans in India are not allowed to engage in activities against china?

So I'll repeat it again, the Tibetans need a better political leader than Dalai Lama. His Holiness can stick to spirituality and Hollywood.
-------------------------------------

You just mean that they need a hard terrorist leader, right ?

Last week Beijing said the police has crused two sabtage attempts against Olympics.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Chinadefender

Last week Beijing said the police has crused two sabtage attempts against Olympics.

Gawd! I guess anything opposing Chinese hegemony is terrorism to you? :disgust:

Chinadefender

Dec 1, 2004

Hollow. Like Chechen to Russia?

Any riots in other countries are good to you? In fact it is not true.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

Riots ain't anything compared to the cultural genocide the Chinese are heaping upon the hapless Tibetans.

Chinadefender

Dec 1, 2004

Riots ain't anything compared to the cultural genocide the Chinese are heaping upon the hapless Tibetans.

You may go to travel in Tibet.

By the way, Americans have no reason to say about the cultural genocide.

It is quite funny.

Thanksgivingday just means American Idians are really naive and stupid.

Chinadefender

Dec 1, 2004

Yup. Riots ain't anything compared to the desperate democracy in Iraq...

Anyway, it is much safer to travel in Tibet than in Iraq.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

You don't seem to understand that the United States is not a conquerer or an oppressor in Iraq. China is an oppressive fascist state, and you Chinese Americans seem very proud of that. Pretty bizarre if you ask me. And you always bring up Native Americans. That was centuries ago, and our civilization learned from that, just like we learned that slavery is an evil thing. We don't sit there and defend current injustice because it happened in the past-- that is irresponsible.

How would we know whether it's safe to travel in Tibet, when CHINA HAS BANNED FOREIGNERS FROM VISITING TIBET? Go to China and try to read this thread there. You'll probably get flagged as a "separatist" and thrown in prison when the keywords are detected.

Chinadefender

Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Throckmorton

You don't seem to understand that the United States is not a conquerer or an oppressor in Iraq. China is an oppressive fascist state, and you Chinese Americans seem very proud of that. Pretty bizarre if you ask me. And you always bring up Native Americans. That was centuries ago, and our civilization learned from that, just like we learned that slavery is an evil thing. We don't sit there and defend current injustice because it happened in the past-- that is irresponsible.

How would we know whether it's safe to travel in Tibet, when CHINA HAS BANNED FOREIGNERS FROM VISITING TIBET? Go to China and try to read this thread there. You'll probably get flagged as a "separatist" and thrown in prison when the keywords are detected.

You already have lots of flags.

It is true that Tibet banned tourists from visiting in March, because it is quite dangerous to them.

And when the riots happened, there are also many western visitors. You may check Telegraph UK and found whether those western visitors just at that time that place think it was a dangerous riot to local people and themselves.

A Chinese guy just went to Tibet in late March and returned safely. He at first thought it as a venture, but in fact not so terrible.

http://bbs.syd.com.cn/blog/?ui...-viewspace-itemid-1340

Now the order is in restore and tourism people begin to return to their jobs.

In May the Tibet tourism would be formly opened again to Chinese and global visitors.

http://www.xizanglvyou.com/tibetnews/2008040537.html

Tibet Toursm company is also a listed company in A share market. It is estimated that in 2007 foreign visitors into Tibet totalled over 100 thousand person-times, most from Japan and US.

And tell you I am in Shanghai, China. You may call them to arrest me now. :)